Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rock Mountain Turbos >

Rock Mountain Turbos

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rock Mountain Turbos

Old 07-28-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Rock Mountain Turbos

Anyone shot these yet? I'm thinking about jumping the Muzzy ship this fall
Old 07-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rock Mountain Turbos

Excellent little heads.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

I am keeping my Muzzys, but gonna carry some Turbos with me as well.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

I'll have a couple in my quiver. Very sharp heads, plus they did outstanding in 5 Shot's testing.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have jumped ship myself WWAG, this will be the first year that I am not shooting Rocket Aeroheads........I will have a mix of Turbos, as well as Gator XP and Snyper XP3 mechs in my quiver. All Rocky Mt. heads.
The Turbos are obviously an impressive head if you have read any of the reports on them including 5 Shot's.
On top of being extremely tough and fly like darts , they are typical Rocky Mt. scary sharp.
This will be the first year since 1997 that my primary broadhead choice will be a fixed blade head.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:42 PM

The fly great--right with my field tips, slicktricks and wacems! I've got deer, elk and antelope hunts this fall. Hope to compare the turbos and wacems with the slicktrick which I like very much. The turbos clearly have the sharpest blades. Shooting them into a foam targets, its clear they twist upon impact. Don't know if its good or bad--just something I noticed. I'm excited to compare results--still not sure which heads I'm going to use for which species. This is a wonderful dilema.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:13 AM

I'm getting used to the idea of the angled blades helping out to spin the arrow instead of just dragging along in the wind.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

Very sharp head but not a muzzy, don't expect the same results. A well placed shot will kill with any head, a little to small for my taste.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm sure 1/16" less cutting diameter will make a major difference![8D]
Old 07-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very sharp head but not a muzzy, don't expect the same results
Why is that?......According to 5 Shot's tests the 100gr Muzzy 3 blade scored a 25 w/ a blade sharpness of B.
The R.Mt. Turbo scored a 28 w/ a blade sharpness of A+, and according to him it shot through everything like wet toilet paper with no damage and with field point accuracy.
Muzzy is a good time tested broadhead, but what are you basing that opinion on? 1/16" of cutting diameter?
IMO the new breed of short, inherently accurate heads like the Rocky Mt. Turbo, NAP Nitron, Slick Tricks, Sonicsetc could quite quickly replace oldstandbys as Muzzy, Thunderhead etc as the year in year out favorites.

Quick Reply: Rock Mountain Turbos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.