Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Is this sight worth the $. >

Is this sight worth the $.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is this sight worth the $.

Old 09-24-2002, 09:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is this sight worth the $.

HEEEEEEELL no It's not worth it. I have had broken pins and what a pain to change them when they do break, and it won't stay where you set it. For the money I would definetly look for something else, like a dozen arrows and broadheads. I got fed up with mine and went to Walmart and got a cobra site for $19.99 and have been much happier with that one. I you like the in-line pins look at the HHA triple threat.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:59 AM

Bhunter, I've now done some research on the HHA triple threat and believe it's a better deal than the Matrix. In fact, after hearing the responses I'm planning on trying one out and putting my Matrix on my back up bow. It's 1/2 the $$ and looks more durable. We'll see how it works once it gets here.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might look at the Copper John sight
that was featured in last months Bowhunter
mag. Ive ordered one will let you know
how it works out!!
Old 09-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am very skeptical about them. I dont like not being able to crank down on my sight to make sure its good and tight. Its a good idea, and if they would make it all from metal, including the brittle pins they use, its would be a good one to have. There are just too many thing going wrong with them right now.

I too recommend the Copper John Dead Nuts sights. I just bought one this summer and must say its the best sight I ever owned. All metal, big, strong allen screws to snug down, and metal, fiber optic pins. Not to mention a nice, round pin guard to center your peep on. I highly recommend them.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:12 PM

I think the Copper John looks like a nice sight too. I've heard many good things about them. The bright pin guard is a nice feature. I'm buying one to put on after the season is over. Don't dare to make any changes now...
Old 09-27-2002, 07:44 AM

I have Copper Johns on both my bows. They won't be leaving anytime soon.