Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

parker, uggh!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:36 PM

Default parker, uggh!

well, talked to doug, becky, and tom the vp of operations. they charged me $7.10 in shipping for a 1 ounce draw length module for my neighbor. told me that's what ups charges. i deal with ups all the time and that's bs.

also doug cost me 3 hours labor. he's a tech guy. he gave a customer untwisted string lengths for his bow. they don't even know the correct finished length. i talked to doug and he believes you can twist 1.25" out of a string. in other words to start 1.25" long. this, as any string maker will tell you will never work. so, if 90" is printed on a parker limb the correct string length may be around 88.75", or it may not.

i also asked him for a tuning gap or reference pt for timing the cam on my neighbors bow. he said " well, how i usually do it and it seems to work pretty good is kind of get the limb somewhere between 1 of the holes in the cam" its a big hole. he had no idea where that cam was really supposed to sit. i let the vp of operations know no other company i have dealt with, which is all major companies, does business like this. that all other companies have a finished length for their strings and cables and have tuning gaps or specific references because they knew where their bows performed optimally. i know string lengths are not exact, but parker can't even get you in the ballpark, and what's listed on their bows are not even close to correct.

all this is after becky spoke with me for a while, put me on hold for 4 minutes and then i was transferred to her voice mail. this is the most unprofessional company of people who have no idea how to give specific information i have ever dealt with.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: parker, uggh!

Makes me love my Bowtech more and more
Old 07-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

WOW, company's like that wont last long..
Old 07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had strongly considered getting a Parker Hunter Mag, but now I'm extra glad I didn't.I don't regret buying my Ally for one minute!

Mike
Old 07-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Thats not cool! Sounds like they need to practice what they preach.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:13 PM
jkb

I shot a few parkers.My shoulder still is vibrating from wrist up
Old 07-15-2005, 06:04 PM

As far as the tuning bowtech will tell you the same thing. They are not real clear on exactly how to do it or where the referenence point is. I was told they do it on purpose because it really isn't that important. My shop apeased me by drawing a line on my cam that lines up with my limb for a referance mark. I was going to do that any way. Didn't matter though because it hasn't moved since the day I bought it a year ago, and I even cut a few strands on my string by accident.

My darton has very clear timing marks and good instructions on how to adjust them. However it is a hybrid cam. And I was also told it really was not that important, the bow would still shoot well if they were off. And they were right, I have had them severely off the marks before and the the bow still shot fine. It may not have been as effecient, but it still shot great.

I bet with every bow and set up you would have to actually play with the cam setting to get it perfect, one measurement or setting probably would not be optimum for every set up and draw length.

Mathews is not very clear on how there timing works either. Well actually they don't have any. It works about the same as the bowtechs do.

Parker has been around for a while I don't see them going any where soon.

Paul
Old 07-15-2005, 08:24 PM

paul, bowtech has very specific tuning gaps. even with the new binary cam bows, if you talk to todd he'll tell you exactly where the cam ought to be, depending sometimes on production date of the bow.

mathews also. if you call bob at mathews and talk to him about proper timing of any cam on any of their bows he'll give you very specific instructions and even send pictures. he'll tell you exactly what peg you better be using, etc. sure, they'll shoot, and you'll hear that line a lot - 'single cams don't have to be timed.' but i always take that to mean they don't feel like fooling with it at the shop. anyway, it was like calling billy bobs bait shop.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Paul your shop shouldn't need to draw a line on your cam for timing because most BowTech's come with the timing mark's anyway's ,you may not see them but if you use the light they'll be there .

As for Parker they need to sharpen their skill's and be able to answer these kind of question's because somewhere along the line ,I'm sure they've been asked before ,Why should a string maker have to guess .It's either black or white none of this grey..

nubo
Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM

I have an infinity cam, it does not have timing marks. The timing for this cam is described as being checked between the limb and module screw. The timing gaps are listed in thousandths of an inch and said to be within +/- .010. However it never says whether this is the botom of the screw, middle of the screw or top of the screw. I ask the dealer and they said it really doesn't matter they are not that sensitive. They looked at it and said it was fine. Then they drew the line on the cam for me.

And from what I understand mathews works the same way, you go by one of the holes in the cam or something. This is not the same thing as a definable timing mark like some other bows have. It's pretty easy to just draw a line on your came with marker though. It makes it very easy to see if any thing has changed at a quick glance.

Maybe the newer infinities and other cams have some sort of marks on them, but mine is a 2004 and it doesn't.

I honestly don't believe it makes as big a difference as people are led to believe. Heck I threw my darton out of time and it actually got faster.

I love my bowtech, but we had a local dealer get them and he couldn't quite get the hang of adjusting the posts and cams properly and he said bowtech wasn't much of a help to him. I think he pretty much dropped the line and stuck with AR's. Of course maybe he just isn't that mechanically inclined because I didn't think it was that complicated really. It just doesn't work the way you think it should is all.

I can't really comment on Parkers customer service, I have never dealt with them. However I have shot quite a few of thier bows and thought they were pretty nice in comparison to others on the market. The only bow company I have ever had to deal with is Darton and they were top notch over the top helpful. From what I understand bowtech is pretty much the same way.

Paul

Quick Reply: parker, uggh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.