Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

parker, uggh!

Old 07-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: parker, uggh!

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

Now they have a P.R. problem here and how they handle it also interest me. How they do handle it will determine whether or not I do look at their bows.
Holy smokes! If Mathews had to personally confront every negative internet post about their company, they'd have to hire 5 fulltime employees to do the job. And for what? To refute, deny or smooth over claims that may or may not be completely true. As a company, they'd look rediculous doing such a thing. In my opinion the smart company stays away from discussing problems on internet forums. Handle all problems by phone, or person to person. The internet absolutely sucks for effective communication.
They don't have to handle it over the net but could if they like. I was in on one that involved spot hog here that didn't impress me ( supposedly the owner was involved here). The company could at there choosing contact gibblet and try and smooth things over. He has already wasted enough of his own time. I hate to say more because it may affect how they respond. There is a big audience here and it wouldn't hurt any manufacturer to put a plug in here. I know bowtec does. I don't think the net sucks for effective communication, negative post do hurt who ever is mentioned, I am proof of it. You have a point, but to respond here is absolutly free. An appoligy cost nothing here and could push them to #2.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:25 AM

I don't think the net sucks for effective communication, negative post do hurt who ever is mentioned, I am proof of it.
This is probably where our basic differences lie. I'm convinced there is nothing worse than the internet for communication. Also, to respond to every complaint, by internet, will simply encourage more customers to whine online in an attempt to get something out of the company.

Even though you are offended by the company not responding, many are offended when a company does respond, especially if the company makes absolutely any effort to put forth their side of the story. Many assume that what we read here, happens exactly like the poster says. Quite often, important details are left out and/or exagerated. Staying away from this type of interaction is in the companies' best interest. I've yet to see a company do poorly because they stay away from interent interactions. They door poorly when they fail to put forth a competitive product with competitive service.

I do agree that a personal communication would sometimes be effective, but it sounds like they already had one that didn't go too well. In addition, how is a company expected monitor all interent forums for anything said about them? There are dozens of hunting forums. They have a company to run, and with the many thousands of internet posts each day, that would be an enormous job. And in my opinion, a fruitless one.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:23 PM

you know i was told by the vp of something or other that their strings come in from the string manufacturer untwistes and they twist them to length. that means there are no twists under the serving, and i would about bet anything that they are made overseas or in mexico. straightarrow, i left nothing out and didn't exaggerate, that's the bad part. you make strings, you know how to ask questions, you call them up and get a finished length, or try and find someone there, anyone there, who has any idea what they are. go ahead and ask them if the lengths they print on their limbs are finished or untwisted - and the twists they put it only occur where there is no serving. there's a big debate over this, but you know as well as i do that those strings will twist under there over time until every thing starts evening out, driving a tubeless peep shooter nuts.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:26 AM

Gibblet,

I wasn't implying that you were exagerating - just pointing out that it occurs frequently.

I agree that most stock strings are horrible and that the manufacturers aren't completely knowledgable about them. This is precisely why I make my own. They are better than any string you will receive with any bow. I know exactly how they'll perform and the amount of creep that will occur, because I make them precisely the same way each time. It's a situation that I take control over, because I know that no manufacturer's stock string will live up to my expectations. I think that the problem is that some companies view this as simply a cost cutting area, and they have strings that are even worse than average. My opinion is that since every string should be replace within a year (or two if you don't shoot much), you might as well put a custom string on your bow from the start, and then always replace it with the same string, made by the same person (company) so you know what to expect. The quality of the string is more important that the bow brand you choose, so why not pick the best you can find, and toss the stock string, no matter what bow company you're dealing with?

I've always been amazed that people will pay $700+ for a bow and shoot a string that they don't how it will hold up over time.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:59 AM

Some one had a bad day apparently at Parker. I've dealt with them quite a lotsince purchasing my Ultralite Pro and found them to be quite helpful and knowledgeable. In fact my draw length was incorrect on the bow I bought and they sent me all the parts I needed to change my draw from 31 to 28". FWIW.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:46 AM

I've had this string problem also with Parker. Their strings/cables are bad. On the Phoenix they now use Stone Mtn. Yahoooo, now I hope they listen to everyone and put this quality string/cable on all their bows! Here's the answer to string/cable lengths for Parker bows, subtract 3/4" form the string length and a 1/4" from cable length, boom, the correct twisted length. I know this from experience too! So if the string says 90" on the bow sticker, order a 89 1/4", if cable says 44" on sticker, order 43 3/4". Hope this helps everyone who has questions about Parker strings. If anymore questions, please feel free to pm or e-mail me. I wish all bow manufacturers would put pre stretched string/cables on their bows! I'ld pay the extra $20!!