Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spot-Hogg Pin Adjustment >

Spot-Hogg Pin Adjustment

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spot-Hogg Pin Adjustment

Old 07-02-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Spot-Hogg Pin Adjustment

Do any of ya'll have problems adjusting the individual pins on your Spot Hoggs? I've read the directions and it says to loosen both allen head screws to adjust. Well, when I loosen them, adjust the pin, when I tighten the screws back down, the pin wants to move again, messing up my adjustment. The pin will also move with individual turns of the allen head screw. It is on a Hogg It Hunter and it is giving me fits! Any suggestions?
Old 07-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Default RE: Spot-Hogg Pin Adjustment

If you want to move it up a bit..loosen the top around a 1/8 turn. Then tighten the bottom screw to take up the slack.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes the Spot hogg can be a difficult sight to adjust ,but it's still one of the best sight's on the market .

nubo
Old 07-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

It's really simple.. if you want the pin to move up.. you just loosen the top screw a hair.. and then tighten the bottom screw to tighten it back up. You can due this as minutely as you wish. I found it very easy to do.. Definately the best sight on the market.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: nubo

Yes the Spot hogg can be a difficult sight to adjust ,but it's still one of the best sight's on the market .

nubo
I love the adjustability of the sight. The gang and coarse adjustments are great. It's just the pins I am having problems with.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the replys. I have that figured out now.

Problem #2: Are the ends of the pins suppose to line up perfectly? A couple of them are right up against the wire and the other 3 are a little in front of that. So they are staggered slightly. The pins also seem to bend forward with a little bit of pressure. Are they suppose to do that? Thanks for the help!
Old 07-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Swamp Dawg

Thanks for the replys. I have that figured out now.

Problem #2: Are the ends of the pins suppose to line up perfectly? A couple of them are right up against the wire and the other 3 are a little in front of that. So they are staggered slightly. The pins also seem to bend forward with a little bit of pressure. Are they suppose to do that? Thanks for the help!
Swamp.
Yes the pins are sposed to be lined up thats why the wire is there

I have my pins just touching the wire.

To adjust them see the pic below

Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 AM

Thanks Ausie, but actually I was refering to them lining up in the other direction. I have them perfectly aligned with the wire left and right. 2 pins are closer to the riser,3 are further away, if that makes sense. I bought the sight used on ebay, so I am just trying to figure out if it is set up properly.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

SwampDawg... they should all line up along the heads of the pins also... You can adjust the depth of the pins w/ the same screws that you use to adjust the up/down of the pins. Just loosen both screws and make sure that they are seated fully. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:39 PM

Just loosen both screws and make sure that they are seated fully.
When I loosen them, won't this change the up/down adjustment? I can't seem to get it figured out. Guess I need to keep fiddlin (is that a word?) to get it right. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Spot-Hogg Pin Adjustment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.