HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Bowtech Advertising vs Mathews/Hoyt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/103917-bowtech-advertising-vs-mathews-hoyt.html)

realmfg 06-26-2005 04:48 PM

Bowtech Advertising vs Mathews/Hoyt

Ok I have nothing but good things to say about mathews and hoyt, but it is kinda funny that bowtech seems to get almost the same following and respect without all that advertising. I get a lot of hunting Mags and all of them is Mathews this Hoyt that. Watching outdoor channel all I see is Mathews all over the place. Even in other products pictures the guys are shooting mathews. I just got my bowtech and people who dont do much archery hunting are like why not mathews what is bowtech. These people wouldnt know the difference anyway. I just wanted to comment on how good of a following bowtech gets without all the ads and commercials.[/align]__________________[/align]

newman1 06-26-2005 05:07 PM

RE: Bowtech Advertising vs Mathews/Hoyt

I thinkBowtech has plenty of advertising.I don't know which magazines you read but Bowtech is all the magazines i read.Not to mention sponsoring bull riders in the PBR and let alone owning 2 bulls in the PBR!I think Bowtechs main and best advertising come from word of mouth;)Not to belittle Matthews or Hoyt but Bowtech kicks A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul L Mohr 06-26-2005 05:16 PM

I would say the company that does the best without shoving thier product down your throat is Darton. They have been around for long time and don't advertise much at all.

Bowtech didn't used to have a lot of adds, but they are getting more.

Nothing like mathews though.

Paul

Allseasonhunter7 06-26-2005 05:36 PM

i was going to saythe same newman

realmfg 06-26-2005 05:39 PM

Ya they do some but, come on nothing campared to mathews/hoyt, I just think it really speaks for thier product.

muzzyman88 06-26-2005 06:07 PM

As with any business, you're advertising means a great deal. I didn't buy a Bowtech because of their advertising. I bought one after reading post after post and post about the great things coming from them. I do most of my research online and hold a great deal of value as to what others are saying about a product as opposed to what the manufacturer says about their product.

Hoyt and Mathews have been going at it for a long time. The thing that irritated me about Mathews was the outright slams at Hoyt a year or two ago about the cam 1/2. IMO, I think Mathews is a little desperate right now. Where do they go from here? Most all bow companies are straying from the single cam to some form of a hybrid system.

Bowtech products speak for themselves, the they need to do more advertising if they expect to keep up with Hoyt and Mathews. People won't buy if they don't hear about it.

Sniper151 06-26-2005 06:22 PM

I guess that depends on what part of the country you live in. You would be hard pressed to find a Bowtech dealer in my area that could survive on selling just that manufacurer of bow. Hoyt and Mathews are the predominent sellers in this area.

zak123 06-26-2005 10:47 PM

I haven't seen a Hoyt at any shop I have been to. I do not like the advertising that Mathew's does, which is why I didn't even shoot one. I don't want to see 10 pages of Mathew's ads in a magazine, especially whenpretty much say, "If you don't shoot aMathew's you won't be good".I bought my Bowtech because of the good reviews.

Straightarrow 06-27-2005 04:20 AM

I don't want to see 10 pages of Mathew's ads in a magazine
Do you like to read the magazines? Ads pay for a substantial amount of what you're reading. The company with the most ads is paying the greatest share to bring you the mag. The companies that advertise the least, do little to promote the popularity of their brand or to help their dealers sell product. The companies with the most advertising are doing a lot to promote bow hunting. I wouldn't knock them for something as beneficial as advertising.

PABowhntr 06-27-2005 04:52 AM

I don't know. I seem to see many Bowtech advertisements in many of the magazines that I read though, admittedly, I have only seen one of their commercials on one occasion. I do see their name and logo displayed quite regularly during any PBR event.

As for why they have such a great following.....besides producing an excellent product I think that their responsiveness to the consumer both before and after the sale is what has people so enthusiastic about them. How many companies come onto a messageboard and ask you want you want to see in their lineup for the following year? Then, after you buy the bow that you helped to create they then bend over backwards to help you should their be any potential problems.

What else could you ask for?