Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer size

Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Stabilizer size

Is there a correct sized stabilizer to buy or does one size fit all?
Chuck
Old 06-15-2005, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer size

No i don't think there is a one size fits all for stabilizers.Ideally you should try many on your bow and go with with works the best.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Thankx
Old 06-16-2005, 06:07 AM

only buy a stabalizer that has a fitting on the front of it that you can screw in other components such as another stabalizer (if needed) or a small mag-light, ect ect. possiblities are endless here.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Thank you , A man gave me the one for my bow.I believe it is too small because I can't enen tell it's there.
Chuck
Old 06-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stabilizers are generally accepted to serve two basic functions. Originally they were utilized to help with balance and aiming. In that regard I find that either having the bow remain level or having it tilt very slightly forward to be the best balance for my shooting. This is checked simply by holding the bow out in front of you with an open grip.

The second function of the stabilizer, and the one most commonly quoted in advertisements, is their ability to reduce noise and vibration within the bow. Many different designs are currently on the market but two always seem to stand heads and tails above the others...any of the Sims combinations and the Stealth stabilizers.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I got a 10 inch doinker, i believe the longer ones work better, but many dont like a big one because it gets in the way a little and i have to take it off everytime i put it in the case
Old 06-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Big help. Thanks
Chuck
Old 06-18-2005, 03:41 AM
Dominant Buck

It appears to me, { but I'm a newbe} that the bigger the bow ...the bigger the stabilizer should be. I shoot an old Darton Trail blazer with 40" axle. Someone sold me a 6" stabilizer. I don't believe it's big enough.
What do ya think?
Chuck
Old 06-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Chuck7
Someone sold me a 6" stabilizer. I don't believe it's big enough.
What do ya think?
Chuck
I was at a shop yesterday an had a chance to put several different ones on. None under 10" had any effect on stabilizing. The Doniker's were the best. I was, however putting them on a bow just like mine but with out acc. so I don't know how much different it would have heen with a sight on. Mine is 38.5 ata.

Quick Reply: Stabilizer size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.