Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 user poll of 5 new bows: what do you think? >

user poll of 5 new bows: what do you think?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

user poll of 5 new bows: what do you think?

Old 06-15-2005, 07:46 AM

Default user poll of 5 new bows: what do you think?

wondering about anyone's impressions, SPECIFIC praises and complaints for6 2005 models. this is for amagazine article I can't identify publically. this is on the level. thanks.

0 Mathews Switchback
0 Hoyt ProTec
0 Renegade Alpha 1
0 PSE Vengeance
0 Reflex Super Slam
0 Browning Illusion
Old 06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: user poll of 5 new bows: what do you think?

Ive shot two bows from that list, the Pro Tec and the Switchback. They both were impressive,although bought a vtec, i really like the pro tec. The Pro Tec is great if you want a longer ATA bow, and the switchback is in the middle. I like the new grip for the protec and think its a smooth drawing bow. It show real quiet, as did the switchback. The pro-tec has a unique look to it also, which is kinda neat.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:21 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Of those bow I like the Switchback the best, but I bought the Alliegance. Faster, quiet, smooth. Man I am really grouping the arrows, and out to 100 yards
Old 06-16-2005, 05:07 AM

i'm jealous techy. my sight ends at 90 yds. i'm looking at 1 that'll get me out there and beyond. nothing like long distance to show you what you're doing, well i guess some pictures or a video, but long distance is soooooo fun.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

I would get the Swithchback hands down, Mathews makes awesome bows.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:33 AM

what kind of line is that? Not even one Bowtech on da list?[:'(] Must be a third world archery magazine[8D]
want da best? BOWTECH
shoot da best.BOWTECH
buy da best. BOWTECH
Oh I get it if you wrote about Bowtech you would fill up the entire article
good luck on your research.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Of the list, I like the Switchback, very smooth shooter and quick.

The only thing I wish you would add is something from Pearson/McPherson. They have come a long way and have some great equipment out there. I shoot the Pride and Diamondback and they are awsome. I shot the Pride and the Switchback and opted for the Pride, fast smooth, forgiving and the bio grip is something else!!! You will be seeing a lot more of Pearson/McPherson in the near future, they are coming on strong!!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:24 AM

my mistake, polkat! I actually am testing out a bowtech constitution. love that long axle to axle, forgiving brace height, and the best grip in the bunch. i'm surprised, however, at how much noise it makes. there are leeches on cables and string, and those funny rubber dohickeys on the limbs, but she's still pretty noisy?

have you shot it and what do you think?

hardhead
Old 06-16-2005, 08:33 AM

shuler,
what was it about switchback and protec that made you pick vtec? just the speed? i found the protec great to shoot, but strangely, without a stabilizer it tended to balance backward, falling toward my chest.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think, in the interest of fairness, I think you should include at least one Bowtech on your list. Bowtech has, after all, gone from being a tiny blip on the archery radar to the third or fourth largest bow maker sales wise in just a few years.

Of those on your list, I like the Switchback the best, but then I shot the Allegiance, and there was no doubt about which bow I liked better. As for noise, I don't think that the Bowtechs make any more noise, in stock form, than any other bow of similar performance. Of course, there aren't too many other bows that make the type of speed Bowtechs do, which is probably why they seem a little louder. I put a Sims S-Coil stabilizer on my Allegiance, and it made a great deal of difference in noise and virtually eliminated the small amount of handshock the bow had (thank you VFT).

Mike

Quick Reply: user poll of 5 new bows: what do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.