Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit

Old 06-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit

I've also drawn on quite a few deer that were inside of 10 yards while using a WB and they had no reaction.
You beat me to the punch. I've done the same thing probably a half dozen times in the last three years with no problems.

It's no different than any rest when noise is concerned. Certain precautions should be taken beforehand to get the quietest draw possible.
Make sure you have the correct biscuit size for your arrows. A larger diameter carbon arrow will work better with a aluminum biscuit.
Gloss finished carbons are the quietest. Non finished arrows like Goldtip or Carbon Express are the noisiest , but spraying them with silicone or rubbing them down with a thin layer of bow string wax will solve the problem.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used one in the past and most likely won't again. Can't get over the amount of contact and your limited to the kind of shaft you can build. I don't have problems keeping the shaft on the rest and that as far as I can see is the biscuts only plus.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, I don't think I'm biased for or against the Biscuit. I had a few on different bows with generally positive results, but I'm currently not using one. This issue of noise on the draw is allmost completely dependant on the finish of the arrow being used. For a while, I shot Carbon Express camo arrows, and was pleased enough to buy an extra half dozen. Thought I was set, but the new arrows had a different camo, and were very noisy when drawn through the Biscuit. On the other hand, arrows with a slick outer finish like ICS Hunters, or the older Beman pultruded arrows make virtually no noise at all. They are just as quiet as moleskin to my ears, and I seem to be the only one on the internet that can hear string slap with the STS![8D] A doe I shot 2 years ago was on alert due to a squirrel moving nearby. I actually had to attempt to draw 3 times, getting caught at half draw twice. She didn't react to the noise at all, and she was within 15 yards at one point.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:03 AM

well my wb is quiet, i killed 3 deer under 20 yards in 2004, not one of them spooked at the "sound" of my arrow being drawn through the wb.
If your wb is noisy you can trim it .