Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What bowtech would you buy? >

What bowtech would you buy?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:36 PM

Default What bowtech would you buy?

I am really considering buying one but cant decide if I should just wait until their next line comes out. I am sure most will say allegiance is best now, decisions decisions.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:53 PM

Default RE: What bowtech would you buy?

Sure you could wait, but what would be so fun about that? If you want a new Bowtech you should look at any bow with the Binary Cams. They are gerat!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally? None of 'em!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Patriot. Smooth, quiet and fast.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own and love my Patriot- so I'm not shopping, but here's what I'd do.
Let the shop know your are seriosly going to buy one and they should help you with the following-
Have the shop set up a Patriot, Allegiance and Defender in the same draw weight and draw length. Then shoot each at the range and through the chrony using the smae arrows. I looked the Defender over real good the other day and have to wonder if the allegiance is worth another $90.00 considering what i use a bow for. From what I've read on here the actual speeds produced by both bows are a lot closer than the advertised numbers suggest.

Just my .02.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:37 PM

i prefer my patriot single cam.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

the hoyt model...lol
Old 06-05-2005, 06:10 AM

The allegiance- which has the axel to axel length that is comparable to my 03 patriot dually- is a wonderful shooting bow. It will fool you. That long riser is steady and it shoots well. I shoot it better than the pro 40 which is a longer bow. If you can shoot the defender well, by all means, save the 90 and go for it. The new cam system is really somehting to consider on bowtechs. THe fact that they are like duallys means level nock travel and it also means that it will spit out arrows of all types. My patriot dually and allegiance, tune well with different spined arrows and different weight tips. No kidding. I can shoot broadheads and fieldtips to the same pt at 30 yards with tip weights in the 75-150 gr weight with 2514, 2512, 2315, ICS 340, 400 and matrix 340 and 400. It is pretty cool. I used to shoot hoyts and do like their bows. I have shot the outback and the switchback and they are nice. But for my money, nothing is as flexible as the bowtech duallys or new cam system. One thing I need to mention about the duallys is that they sometimes need a little tuning tlc. The new cams are not like this. It is more of a "set it and forget it" like single cam bows, with the adv of a dually. And, these bows are fast. I shot my allegiance yesterday through a chrono. I bought the 70-80 lb version. It is pretty easy to draw. At 83 lbs, it shot a 440 grain arrow at 305 @ a 28in draw. Smokin.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ata length may help make your decision. From about 31 to 40", there's something for everyone.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it depend's on what you'd like to see in a bow ,but I'd just flip a coin.Any BowTech is gauranteed to be a good bow .

nubo

Quick Reply: What bowtech would you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.