Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 problem with my peep sight >

problem with my peep sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

problem with my peep sight

Old 05-17-2005, 10:33 AM

Default problem with my peep sight

I have one of those peep sights that is round and you separate the string into 3 strands. No rubber hose to straighten it out.

My problem is this. When I draw the bow, one of the three strands is always right smack in the middle of the peep hole blurring my vision of the sight pins and target. I can shoot with it this way and shoot well, but it drives me crazy. I don't personally care for the peeps with the rubber tubing and I used to use one that was kept straight by an aluminum ultra-nock. I have since left the ultra-nock for a string loop.

What can I do to fix my problem??

My bow info is at bottom of page.

Thanks, Kev
Old 05-17-2005, 11:43 AM

Default RE: problem with my peep sight

That's annoying isn't it. I use a Fletcher Tru Peep. It uses no tubes or anything. With just a little tinkering and a string that's not stretching, you can get it to stay pointing in the right direction.

A string loop tied tightly will often perform just like your Ultra-Nock did. It will, within reason, prevent the string from twisting too much as you draw. In fact, on my last bowstring, my loop was tied on so that it stuck out on the right hand side of the bow. When I drew the bow, the loop would rotate the peep into position just like an Ultra-Nock.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:03 PM

I use a peep that has 4 groves, but not spaced evenly apart. They are something like 11,1,5,7 o clock positions. I use WC string so the peep aligns correctly every time. It has been rock solid for almost 3 years. With the zebra string, I was chasing that thing all the time. If you don't get a no strech string, you'll be chasing your peep as well. Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:25 PM

So could I twist my string loop to one side and glue it into position??

This is VERY frustrating.

Thanks for the help guys.

Kev
Old 05-17-2005, 03:04 PM

You don't need to glue the loop. When you get it where you want it, insert needle nose plyers in the loop and open the plyers. Use as much pressure as you can. You can really get it tight that way and it won't slip or turn. I bought a cheap pair of the big needle nose plyers just for this.

On the downside, you will need a tool to remove the loop. I use a scratch awl with the point sanded slightly round. It came with a needle point that hurts when it slips[:@] A few seconds with 400 grit sandpaper solved that for me.

Good luck
Allen
Old 05-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

True Peep [they are makeing 1/4 inch now ] and a good string , winners choice or vapor trail . Forget zebra .
Old 05-18-2005, 10:27 AM

I'm ordering a custom made string today, the guys tell me it will be pre-stretched. I hope this works.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 AM

Usually the way you nock your arrow can change the way it lines up and you can also twist your string a little before you draw.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm ordering a custom made string today, the guys tell me it will be pre-stretched. I hope this works.
Even if it is pre-stretched shot the bow about 150 times to let the string settle before you install the peep
Old 05-21-2005, 12:14 PM

I had that same probem - local bow shop fixed it in about 2 mins. I don't know what they did, they took it in the "back".

Quick Reply: problem with my peep sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.