HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help-35/)
-   -   Sponsored Post threads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help/421242-sponsored-post-threads.html)

Bocajnala 07-09-2019 03:22 AM

So why can't I, and possibly other mods see these?

OT are you able to "report" these posts like you do with other spam posts?

I'll send this to admin so they can look at it...
​​​​​​-Jake

BarnesAddict 07-09-2019 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4357880)
So why can't I, and possibly other mods see these?

OT are you able to "report" these posts like you do with other spam posts?

I'll send this to admin so they can look at it...
​​​​​​-Jake

I looked under the membership for "feedkick" and there was no such member listed. I didn't look for "Viking", but suspect there's no member with that name either. Way to many Google ads on the sides and always one on the top too. I'm no expert, but can they unfriend mods so that they can't see posts?

Bocajnala 07-09-2019 04:14 AM

No, mods should be able to see anything posted on the forum. But I'm not seeing those types of posts or ads or whatever they

-Jake

lemoyne 07-09-2019 04:59 AM

They have been a major pain all sign by the same @

hubby11 07-09-2019 05:05 AM

I assumed it was just another sneaky way for the site to make money. The ads look like posts so you click on them. Money is made by number of clicks an ad gets. I get one of those fake posts/ads on every sub-forum page I visit on hunting.net, always second from the top.

BarnesAddict 07-09-2019 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by hubby11 (Post 4357888)
I assumed it was just another sneaky way for the site to make money. The ads look like posts so you click on them. Money is made by number of clicks an ad gets. I get one of those fake posts/ads on every sub-forum page I visit on hunting.net, always second from the top.

Same here and each time I come back, there's a different ad.

kellyguinn 07-09-2019 09:16 AM

I have it and its not just under the black powder threads. I have no way that I can see to delete it either. Hopefully an admin will get it taken care of

Bocajnala 07-09-2019 09:50 AM

I'm thinking admin knows about them already ($$$)

What's incredibly frustrating is that I spend my time (hours each month and it used to be allot more) deleting spam posts and profiles. So much time that we've had good moderators step down in part due to the time commitment that it takes.

​​​​​​
Then there's this going on.

-Jake

ibobi 07-09-2019 10:06 AM

They are all clearly identified as sponsored posts, i.e. ads, i.e. the things that keep this site free and up and running :)

CalHunter 07-09-2019 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict (Post 4357882)
I looked under the membership for "feedkick" and there was no such member listed. I didn't look for "Viking", but suspect there's no member with that name either. Way to many Google ads on the sides and always one on the top too. I'm no expert, but can they unfriend mods so that they can't see posts?

Unfriending a mod would simply take them off your friend list but it wouldn't prevent them from seeing anything. The same way with blocking (you can't block mods). As Jake said, mods are supposed to see everything. So if mods haven't seen them, it's because we haven't been looking. In fairness, when most of us mods log in, we're either following topics we've previously posted in or read or we're scanning the new posts search feature for obvious spam. Although we should be reading the entire page of topics, many times we get sidetracked on individual topics (some have a lot of pages) and simply run out of time and thus don't scan the entire page of new posts/topics.

This looks like a different kind of advertising that is new. In the past, HNI had ads on the right side of the webpages or banners at the top. Any individual topics like these were started by advertisers who had paid to advertise as members and did so in separate forums restricted to their products.

Hopefully all of this helps some.