HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help-35/)
-   -   Posting full size pictures on your post (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help/420915-posting-full-size-pictures-your-post.html)

Bocajnala 05-06-2019 02:43 PM

Posting full size pictures on your post

How to post photos in your post. Feel free to add your methods and pages that you use.

​​​​​I use a site called imgbb.

It doesn't require a login. Although I'm sure if you wanted to save photos there you could make a login and do that.

Upload your photo then select the "full linked code." Copy and paste it into your post and this is what you get.

Bocajnala 10-18-2020 03:12 PM

Be sure to select "don't auto delete" prior to your upload.

-Jake

CalHunter 10-19-2020 11:25 AM

It seems more appropriate to list posting issues in this topic than the other one. I created an account at ImgBB. I tried to upload a photo to HNI from ImgBB when I was logged in and when I was not logged in and in both cases had the "do not auto delete" option selected.. In both instances, the address would load into the space for addresses for a fraction of a second and then disappear. I tried to load the same image from my computer with the same results. Something is obviously not working correctly. For HNI to automatically depopulate or delete the address in all 3 attempts means something is not working correctly. If it were just my computer, I would think maybe it's me. Since I used the ImgBB website per your instructions, I tend to think the hiccup is on HNI's side.

Also, I have previously been able to load images from ImgBB and my computer so I don't think this is user error.

Bocajnala 10-19-2020 12:19 PM

DO NOT post them in the space for addresses. Copy them directly into your post text.

Like this:

​​​​​
Literally directly into your forum post.

No other steps needed.
-Jake

CalHunter 10-19-2020 01:05 PM

Ok. I got a picture to post. The process seems a little convoluted but it is what it is. Thanks.

ibobi 10-19-2020 01:50 PM

Just use the little "picture" icon.

Bocajnala 10-19-2020 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 4382488)
Just use the little "picture" icon.

:happy0157:

-Jake

Gm54-120 10-22-2020 07:04 AM

A) There is a issue using the "picture button" for ages and its never been fixed.
B) If you do manage to get it to work the pic becomes the property of HNI per the user agreement.
C) Using an off sight host i can delete or move it anytime i see fit to do so. My pics are my property as long as i dont store them here.
D) I can upload pics to IMGUR in nearly any size i wish. You can not do that here. You are limited to a max size.
E) IMGUR is totally free and i can set my albums to private.
F) I keep pics stored per forum i post on. They dont all go in the same album for all forums. When/if i leave its simple to just delete the album

I like being able to post huge pics if i feel like it. :party0005:

Gm54-120 10-22-2020 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4382474)
DO NOT post them in the space for addresses. Copy them directly into your post text.

Like this:

​​​​​
Literally directly into your forum post.

No other steps needed.
-Jake

Notice the [ IMG ] stuff in your pic?...That is all you need to post pics. The IMG in brackets on both ends with the pic link in the middle. On most pic host sites it labeled something like BBcode. You dont need the URL part at all. Thats a linked code so you can click on the pic and go to the host.

GameOn 12-17-2021 04:15 PM

Yes I have have had issue already getting picture to post.