Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Technical Help
How to stop emails from newsletters? >

How to stop emails from newsletters?

Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

How to stop emails from newsletters?

Old 04-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Spike

Angry How to stop emails from newsletters?

Screenshot below of an example of what I keep getting. Identified as a newsletter from HuntingNet. email address it is sent from is
Reply to address is
I really don't appreciate garbage like this being sent masquerading as the HuntingNet newsletter. No option on the email to stop getting them. Is there actually a newsletter? If so, how do I stop getting it?
Attached Thumbnails How to stop emails from newsletters?-scam.jpg  

Last edited by kellyguinn; 04-11-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Removed Emails from post
Old 04-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

I've never gotten an email like that from HNI.

Give admin a chance to chime in here.

-Jake
Old 04-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

It's from us. Totally legit.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Sea Wolf
Screenshot below of an example of what I keep getting. Identified as a newsletter from HuntingNet. email address it is sent from is
Reply to address is
I really don't appreciate garbage like this being sent masquerading as the HuntingNet newsletter. No option on the email to stop getting them. Is there actually a newsletter? If so, how do I stop getting it?
I have never received one , however, if you scroll all the way to the bottom on those things there is usually a place to unsubscribe.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:31 PM
Spike

Default Mark those emails

We receive a lot of emails daily and some of them are spam emails. It's pretty annoying. You can get rid of those newsletters by marking them as spam. In this way, all the emails from that address will be sent into spam/junk folder. And, you won't see any of it more. The other way is to use Incognito in public WiFi. So, your email doesn't get into any inappropriate hands.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:03 AM
retired - do not pm

Originally Posted by archiebates13
We receive a lot of emails daily and some of them are spam emails. It's pretty annoying. You can get rid of those newsletters by marking them as spam. In this way, all the emails from that address will be sent into spam/junk folder. And, you won't see any of it more. The other way is to use Incognito in public WiFi. So, your email doesn't get into any inappropriate hands.
There is an unsubscribe button on the bottom of all emails.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:05 AM
Spike

Default Still getting SCAM crap

Originally Posted by IBanna
There is an unsubscribe button on the bottom of all emails.
Actually, on this one there is not. If you click on the image I provided, you will see that there is no link made available anywhere on it to stop it from using your email and being sent to you. Still getting these and they have nothing to do with hunting or the site. Been told that, if there isn't a link on them to "Unsubscribe" to them, that they are illegal. IBobi, as you say that this scam garbage is actually being sent from Hunting.net then perhaps you can look into why the "opt out" is NOT on these. Can you also offer a valid explanation why this bogus crap, that has nothing to do with hunting in any way in addition to being a SCAM, is being sent to us? In addition, on my user settings, Receive our newsletter and special promotions from our partners is absolutely not checked and never has been. This says to me that our preferences on here are ignored.
Originally Posted by archiebates13
You can get rid of those newsletters by marking them as spam. In this way, all the emails from that address will be sent into spam/junk folder..
I agree. But the address on this IS from Hunting.net and they are using the email address I provided when I registered. If the site or it's members send me something (VALID) I want to be able to receive it. Possibly our personal information is being sold for a profit but the senders of the scam are having it sent from Hunting.net. The address it's from is [email protected] I looked and Hunting.net is a part or linked to that travel site. Perhaps the Hunting.net site is only a front set up by the travel site to harvest information?

Thanks

Last edited by Sea Wolf; 09-21-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 AM
retired - do not pm

Hi Sea Wolf,

My apologies, I overlooked that part. As you say there is no unsubscribe button on that email. I have brought this issue to my department. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Possibly our personal information is being sold for a profit but the senders of the scam are having it sent from Hunting.net. The address it's from is [email protected] I looked and Hunting.net is a part or linked to that travel site. Perhaps the Hunting.net site is only a front set up by the travel site to harvest information?
Your personal information is not being sold. We can reassure you that we have the best security practices implemented in the forum.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:34 PM
Spike

When an unsolicited email makes an appearance in your inbox, never just delete it. Always mark it as spam. This is how the automatic spam filters learn to identify spam and filter it out.

Here's how to mark an email as spam in Gmail, Outlook, and Mail for Mac:

In Gmail, check the box next to a spam email, then click the "Report Spam" button.
In Outlook, right-click on the spam email in your inbox and select "Mark as junk.
In Mail for Mac, right-click on the spam email and click "Move to Junk."
Never publish your email address
Don't open suspicious emails
Don't give your email address to companies you don't know or trust
By doing all the above you can prevent spam emails to an extent though not entirely.

Last edited by Dimidiate; 09-30-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: alignment issue
Old 10-01-2019, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

HNI has sent these emails purposefully. Under their banner. It disgusts those of us who have time and energy invested into this forum.

Many of us mods spent allot of time each day deleting spam and erasing spammers.

Only to find out HNI is sending spam directly to members inbox.

Very frustrating.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.