HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help-35/)
-   -   Political Forum MOD? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help/418574-political-forum-mod.html)

flags 07-18-2018 12:14 PM

Political Forum MOD?

Who is the MOD of the political forum? CalHunter has been MIA since May and there is a member who has been perma-banned more than 100 times who is cluttering to forum with garbage. So if CalHunter is no longer coming to the forum exactly who has over watch of the most volatile forum on the site?

ibobi 07-18-2018 03:27 PM

Please make use of the Report Post button. It will alert the mod team to any post that you believe breaks the forum rules.

flags 07-18-2018 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 4338517)
Please make use of the Report Post button. It will alert the mod team to any post that you believe breaks the forum rules.

I did that 3 days ago to notify them that a perma-banned member is back on the forum but he is still posting.

JW 07-18-2018 05:51 PM

Perma ban is forever.
A Temp ban is for a set amount of time and how I see it there are several who have been Temp banned.
JW

elkman30 07-18-2018 06:45 PM

It doesn't sound like you guys are talking about the same thing.

Champlain Islander 07-19-2018 03:50 AM

I hope CalHunter is OK. I miss his consistent moderating. He always kept it from becoming the "wild west". Staying ahead of the spammers and the banned members coming back with aliases is a full time job for a moderator. The job definitely is difficult and a mod often feels like they are trying to plug a leaking dam with mud.

elkman30 07-19-2018 05:33 AM

I've lurked on this site for a long time and recall reading occasional posts where he mentioned permabanning some guy who kept coming back with aliases. Doesn't admin have a way to fix a persistent spammer like that?

Edit--I just checked the forum leaders link and none of the mods or admin are logged on. That may be part of the problem.

JW 07-19-2018 08:46 AM

Your reports are being read. For me I see no problem.
Politics no one ever agrees. Politics everyone is name calling.

And let's get this cleared up.
A Perma-ban or Permanent Ban is for-ever.
A Temp-ban ot Temporary Ban is for a set amount of time.

IF we can find evidence of re-registering after you have been Permanently Removed we will act quickly to remove you.

JW

Gm54-120 07-19-2018 10:15 AM

What is the penalty for someone that is temp banned using an alias during the temp ban to post during that time?

It should be perma ban in my book.

ibobi 07-19-2018 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4338511)
Who is the MOD of the political forum? CalHunter has been MIA since May and there is a member who has been perma-banned more than 100 times who is cluttering to forum with garbage. So if CalHunter is no longer coming to the forum exactly who has over watch of the most volatile forum on the site?

I've been getting your reported post alerts, and like JW, I do not see a problem with those posts. They do not break forum rules. If that is a member who's been banned before, coming back with an alias, I don't see obvious evidence of it.