Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Political Forum MOD?

Old 07-19-2018, 06:58 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Bigbuck just came off a 6 month Temp ban.

​​​​​​It was not a Permanent Ban.

We clear about that now!

I have read and re-read the reported post. Its political opinion no more no less..
I see no HNI rule infractions. SO FAR.

​​​​​I will do nothing further, this is a Technical Help forum.
Use it as such.

JW
Old 07-19-2018, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think flags was talking about Bigbuck but maybe I have it wrong. If so, my apologies.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JW
Perma ban is forever.
A Temp ban is for a set amount of time and how I see it there are several who have been Temp banned.
JW
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. It is the same guy over and over that comes up with new user names. CAL was tracking him through is ISP and banned him over 100 times. The guy always starts the same way and after a few low key posts for a week or so he begins to badmouth, and insult other members and then begins the racism. That's why CAL always shut him down.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by elkman30
I didn't think flags was talking about Bigbuck but maybe I have it wrong. If so, my apologies.
Nope, not him. It is the guy posting a 6CreedMoor. He has been banned more than 100 times and keeps coming back with a new name. In a few weeks if the MODs don't take action he will begin with serious insults and then the racism will start. that is the way he does business and that is why CAL always shut him down. Mark my words that guy's intent is to disrupt the forum because he has been trying to do it for a couple of years.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Points well made. But in fairness, the OP mentioned a specific member who had previously been permabanned 100 times now posting again under an alias. The OP didn't say the language of the post was a violation-he said the member signing up and posting under the 101st name or whatever alias was the violation. I can see why flags might get a little miffed. He's pointed out what is a violation of the rules at least 3 times and has been told by admin and a mod that it's not a rules violation. Based on flags post and the responses by Ibobi and JW, it looks like they didn't read through his post or didn't understand it.

On a separate issue, if it's okay for somebody who is permabanned to come back under an alias or new name, then why have rules or permaban anybody. That would make this a free for all in the forums but maybe that's what HuntingNet is going for? I'm not trying to create a stink or problem but I can see why flags is getting a bit exasperated.
Well, you're wrong on pretty much all your points here, sorry to point out.
  • It is not legal to come back under a new name; nobody said it was
  • Yes it is a permabannable offense to do so if your ban was temporary (circumstances can sometimes affect this)
  • Nobody misread flags' posts. He keeps saying the member in question is someone who's been banned before, coming back to post under an alias, yet there is no evidence of this. The posts in question don't violate the rules. What would you do?
Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Nope, not him. It is the guy posting a 6CreedMoor. He has been banned more than 100 times and keeps coming back with a new name. In a few weeks if the MODs don't take action he will begin with serious insults and then the racism will start. that is the way he does business and that is why CAL always shut him down. Mark my words that guy's intent is to disrupt the forum because he has been trying to do it for a couple of years.
Let us know when he posts something that violates the rules, and we'll apply the rules. Until then there is no evidence.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by IBobi
Let us know when he posts something that violates the rules, and we'll apply the rules. Until then there is no evidence.
Between CalHunter and I, we banned the member flags is talking about well over 100 times. His violation was coming back under an alias when he had already been permabanned. His intent was to flagrantly violate the rules. We banned him as soon as we figured out who he was using the mod tools to look a bit further into some things regular members can't see or when due to his repeated postings other members like flags gave us a heads up causing us to look a little deeper. CalHunter is the master at uncovering people who are trying to deceive the site. Just saying........

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-20-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

The member Flags is talking about is Creedmore.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IBobi
Well, you're wrong on pretty much all your points here, sorry to point out.
  • It is not legal to come back under a new name; nobody said it was
  • Yes it is a permabannable offense to do so if your ban was temporary (circumstances can sometimes affect this)
  • Nobody misread flags' posts. He keeps saying the member in question is someone who's been banned before, coming back to post under an alias, yet there is no evidence of this. The posts in question don't violate the rules. What would you do?
Ok. If you say I'm wrong. But out of curiosity, you mentioned a different member named Bigbuck in your original comment and flags has now clarified said he was talking about 6CreedMoor. Since your original comment was based upon looking at the history or whatever of Bigbuck, there shouldn't have been any "evidence." The question now would be is there any evidence with regard to "6Creedmoor" who flags has now identified and now Champlain Islander has confirmed that he was previously permabanned over "100 times." I know Champlain islander used to be a moderator so would assume he is in a position to know about these previous permabans. You posted that flags should let you know when this 6creedmoor has posted something that violates the rules. According to your above quote directed at me, if 6CreedMoor has previously been permabanned under another name, that would constitute a rules violation and subsequent permaban. Or do you see this differently?
Old 07-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Ok. If you say I'm wrong. But out of curiosity, you mentioned a different member named Bigbuck in your original comment and flags has now clarified said he was talking about 6CreedMoor. Since your original comment was based upon looking at the history or whatever of Bigbuck, there shouldn't have been any "evidence." The question now would be is there any evidence with regard to "6Creedmoor" who flags has now identified and now Champlain Islander has confirmed that he was previously permabanned over "100 times." I know Champlain islander used to be a moderator so would assume he is in a position to know about these previous permabans. You posted that flags should let you know when this 6creedmoor has posted something that violates the rules. According to your above quote directed at me, if 6CreedMoor has previously been permabanned under another name, that would constitute a rules violation and subsequent permaban. Or do you see this differently?
I never mentioned bigbuck. Show me evidence that 6creedmor is an alias? IP address is unique to HN. What other info is being used to determine that this is a sockpuppet account? I'd be curious, because other than name, email address, and IP address, HN doesn't track any data.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.