Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Political Forum MOD?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
What is the penalty for someone that is temp banned using an alias during the temp ban to post during that time?

It should be perma ban in my book.
Yes. Again, I see no evidence.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, as in it is a perma ban for side stepping a temp ban?

My question is unrelated to the political forum.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wouldn't the same IP address give it away?
Old 07-19-2018, 11:08 AM
JW
Super Moderator

What is the penalty for someone that is temp banned using an alias during the temp ban to post during that time?

It should be perma ban in my book.
Agreed.
No problem there, If caught.
JW
Old 07-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by elkman30
Wouldn't the same IP address give it away?
Yes but its easy to get around that. It takes very little skill or knowledge to mask your IP through a proxy. I just tested my anonymous browser and it connected just fine.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 07-19-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe we should ask Putin and his boys to look into this.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe you shouldn't try to be a comedian. I am not sure you are not one of the people Flags and GM are talking about.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Being a mod is a tough job especially since it is strictly a volunteer position with no compensation. The list of Super Mods is quite long but the reality is only a few have actually done mod work in the last year and even more haven't even logged in. Admin needs to weed out the inactive mods and then get interested members who have some leadership qualities to volunteer to help out. Without a good Mod group the site will continue to plummet in the eyes of the good members who keep it going. If you don't like how it is run do something about it.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Points well made. But in fairness, the OP mentioned a specific member who had previously been permabanned 100 times now posting again under an alias. The OP didn't say the language of the post was a violation-he said the member signing up and posting under the 101st name or whatever alias was the violation. I can see why flags might get a little miffed. He's pointed out what is a violation of the rules at least 3 times and has been told by admin and a mod that it's not a rules violation. Based on flags post and the responses by Ibobi and JW, it looks like they didn't read through his post or didn't understand it.

On a separate issue, if it's okay for somebody who is permabanned to come back under an alias or new name, then why have rules or permaban anybody. That would make this a free for all in the forums but maybe that's what HuntingNet is going for? I'm not trying to create a stink or problem but I can see why flags is getting a bit exasperated.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes but its easy to get around that. It takes very little skill or knowledge to mask your IP through a proxy. I just tested my anonymous browser and it connected just fine.
I could be wrong but from some of the previous posts about the guy by calhunter, I believe the guy used the same IP address a lot. Maybe not always (there are other ways to determine if its the same person) but enough to get noticed. IIRC, I think flags also pointed out some idiosyncrasies that the guy uses that also make it easy to identify him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.