Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Political Forum MOD?

Old 07-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Political Forum MOD?

Who is the MOD of the political forum? CalHunter has been MIA since May and there is a member who has been perma-banned more than 100 times who is cluttering to forum with garbage. So if CalHunter is no longer coming to the forum exactly who has over watch of the most volatile forum on the site?
Old 07-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Please make use of the Report Post button. It will alert the mod team to any post that you believe breaks the forum rules.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IBobi
Please make use of the Report Post button. It will alert the mod team to any post that you believe breaks the forum rules.
I did that 3 days ago to notify them that a perma-banned member is back on the forum but he is still posting.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:51 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Perma ban is forever.
A Temp ban is for a set amount of time and how I see it there are several who have been Temp banned.
JW
Old 07-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't sound like you guys are talking about the same thing.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I hope CalHunter is OK. I miss his consistent moderating. He always kept it from becoming the "wild west". Staying ahead of the spammers and the banned members coming back with aliases is a full time job for a moderator. The job definitely is difficult and a mod often feels like they are trying to plug a leaking dam with mud.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-19-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've lurked on this site for a long time and recall reading occasional posts where he mentioned permabanning some guy who kept coming back with aliases. Doesn't admin have a way to fix a persistent spammer like that?

Edit--I just checked the forum leaders link and none of the mods or admin are logged on. That may be part of the problem.

Last edited by elkman30; 07-19-2018 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:46 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Your reports are being read. For me I see no problem.
Politics no one ever agrees. Politics everyone is name calling.

And let's get this cleared up.
A Perma-ban or Permanent Ban is for-ever.
A Temp-ban ot Temporary Ban is for a set amount of time.

IF we can find evidence of re-registering after you have been Permanently Removed we will act quickly to remove you.

JW
Old 07-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

What is the penalty for someone that is temp banned using an alias during the temp ban to post during that time?

It should be perma ban in my book.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Who is the MOD of the political forum? CalHunter has been MIA since May and there is a member who has been perma-banned more than 100 times who is cluttering to forum with garbage. So if CalHunter is no longer coming to the forum exactly who has over watch of the most volatile forum on the site?
I've been getting your reported post alerts, and like JW, I do not see a problem with those posts. They do not break forum rules. If that is a member who's been banned before, coming back with an alias, I don't see obvious evidence of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.