Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Technical Help
MODS - This Site Sucks!! >

MODS - This Site Sucks!!

Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

MODS - This Site Sucks!!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default MODS - This Site Sucks!!

This site makes money because users frequent it. If users stopped using the site, then the advertisers would pull their ads. HuntingNet.com is slooooooow. On a regular basis, it glitches or doesn’t load the page you’re trying to get to. This has been my experience when viewing the site from any number of computers. You never know when you’ll click on a topic and it will take over a minute to load (or just won’t load at all!).

I love the community here, but I’m about to go elsewhere for all my huntin’ and shootin’ conversations on the interwebz. The bottom line is that this site is in need of some serious updating, and has been for awhile. Is there a particular reason the site owners like their site to run like crap? I would like to know!

Please pass along to the site owners. I’m sure there are many here that share my sentiments.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is slow as molasses in January. I started this thread yesterday morning and it just posted this afternoon.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

I 100% agree with you. This site is very slow, I thought it was just my computer until now. This is a great community with alot of knowledgable people on here. If only you could access it in a timely manner.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I got your back. I fell asleep last night waiting for a thread to download. been like this since I joined over a year ago.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

What, no "moved" tag? Wouldn't want the truth about the technical suckiness of this site detracting from the main forum, would you?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
New Sheriff

I'll ask some of the admin what's going on.

I've heard the complaints for awhile now but to be honest this is one of the fastest sites I go to. I have never had a problem with it loading slow. Don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone that says it loads slow for them is being honest, I've just never experienced it therefore I haven't pushed it.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mr4pt
I'll ask some of the admin what's going on.

I've heard the complaints for awhile now but to be honest this is one of the fastest sites I go to. I have never had a problem with it loading slow. Don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone that says it loads slow for them is being honest, I've just never experienced it therefore I haven't pushed it.
it's inconsistant, right now it's good, last night and earlier today I was riding a snail
Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Hi,

We have been dealing with the slowness/hangups issues for a while now. They do not affect all users. I for instance very rarely have any problems accessing or posting.

Our technical department is aware of the issues and will address them as soon as possible; thank you for your patience.

Paul
Community Manager
Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Agreed!

I have to chime in here because I've been staying away from the site-which I really enjoy btw, due this "issue".

It truly is as though I have dial up 56k internet access again when viewing these forums. Alot of times the link I click does nothing for several minutes so I'll open another window and surf other sites without problem, come back and nothing has changed.

As I mentioned, I've limited my visits due to this but really do miss out on a lot.

Is it time to switch hosting platforms?

Thank you for any assistance.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

This is good to hear. I thought I had picked up a virus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.