HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help-35/)
-   -   Post-Migration Tech issues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help/282524-post-migration-tech-issues.html)

01-13-2009 11:34 AM

Post-Migration Tech issues

Welcome to HuntingNet on it's new servers! We've had a few hours of downtime, but the entire site has now been moved to new servers. Hopefully things will be a little bit more snappy, and as a tech team we'll be able to respond to new tech issues more quickly in our new environment.

As with any major change like this, it's inevitable that there are going to be some quirks in the first few days. Please post any tech issues you find in this thread, which we'll be monitoring to try to keep on top of anything that's not working.

Happy hunting. :)

HuntingNet Tech Team

BowHuntingFool 01-13-2009 12:20 PM

RE: Post-Migration Tech issues

The pages are taking FOREVER to load if they load at all.

davidmil 01-14-2009 03:20 AM

What he said. It's just crawling along at a slow rate. It really does take forever for a page to load. Navigation a chore...not fun. It's like being on dialup again.[:@]

01-14-2009 07:24 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

What he said. It's just crawling along at a slow rate. It really does take forever for a page to load. Navigation a chore...not fun. It's like being on dialup again.[:@]
We're seeing that too, and trying to get it cleared up. I'll post back later today with an update.

01-14-2009 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: admin

We're seeing that too, and trying to get it cleared up. I'll post back later today with an update.
So it looks like we've narrowed down the performance issues to one of the two internal subnets that the site uses, which means things would be pretty intolerable for about half the users, which isn't how we'd like things to be. Our network team is working on a solution for this -- I'm not sure how long it's going to be before it's fixed, but they're working on it, and hopefully it won't be that long.

BTW, chat should be working now. It was working when we staged the site on our servers pre-migration, but somehow the database connection got fouled up when we did the final transfer yesterday.

Champlain Islander 01-14-2009 11:45 AM

I couldn't get in earlier in the day because I clicked on the favorite that takes me to the HNIhome page. I can't get there by going to Huntingnet.com either. I guess the only way for me at this point is to search HNI and then click on forums rather than the home page.

davidmil 01-14-2009 05:36 PM

So it looks like we've narrowed down the performance issues to one of the two internal subnets that the site uses, which means things would be pretty intolerable for about half the users, which isn't how we'd like things to be. Our network team is working on a solution for this -- I'm not sure how long it's going to be before it's fixed, but they're working on it, and hopefully it won't be that long.

BTW, chat should be working now. It was working when we staged the site on our servers pre-migration, but somehow the database connection got fouled up when we did the final transfer yesterday.
I really do appreciate the admin update and response to my post. I'm sure others are having problems, well they told me they are but haven't posted here as it's a place they don't come. A couple times today I thought it was getting better so someone must have been trying to tweek the "subnets", although I find it hard to believe that's the problem. But now it's back to broke so tell them to turn the antenna a little to the left and try that.[&:][8D]

ibbytravel 01-15-2009 09:22 AM

I really do appreciate the admin update and response to my post. I'm sure others are having problems, well they told me they are but haven't posted here as it's a place they don't come. A couple times today I thought it was getting better so someone must have been trying to tweek the "subnets", although I find it hard to believe that's the problem. But now it's back to broke so tell them to turn the antenna a little to the left and try that.[&:][8D]
We're still working on it, sorry it's been such a bother the last couple of days.

ibbytravel 01-15-2009 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I couldn't get in earlier in the day because I clicked on the favorite that takes me to the HNIhome page. I can't get there by going to Huntingnet.com either. I guess the only way for me at this point is to search HNI and then click on forums rather than the home page.
Champlain, is your bookmark still broken? What URL is it taking you to?

Champlain Islander 01-15-2009 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: ibbytravel

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Champlain, is your bookmark still broken? What URL is it taking you to?
I have it bookmarked to the forums now so it is OK for me. I used to go straight to http://www.huntingnet.com/which took me to the home page then I could go wherever I wanted to go which was the forums 99% of the time. If someone does a search like google for Huntingnet.com and clicks on the results a page comes up saying the site is undergoing maintenance. If they click on the different depts they get the site.