Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Technical Help
 Post-Migration Tech issues >

Post-Migration Tech issues

Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Post-Migration Tech issues

Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Spike

Default RE: Post-Migration Tech issues

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Pages are taking too long to load up and I have Verizon Fios, the fastest there is.
We're still working on this thing. Are you having trouble in both the forums and the articles part of the site? Or just one or the other?

Our monitoring is showing better performance in the forums than the rest of the site, but that's partly because there's just lots of code on the pages in the other parts of the site. And on the site's homepage, we're intermittently seeing some slow page loads. But any detail you can add from your experience is helpful.

We've been digging into our network and some of our ISP's policies, but unfortunately it can take some time to sort out intermittent issues like this. Thanks for your patience.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ibbytravel

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Pages are taking too long to load up and I have Verizon Fios, the fastest there is.
We're still working on this thing. Are you having trouble in both the forums and the articles part of the site? Or just one or the other?

Our monitoring is showing better performance in the forums than the rest of the site, but that's partly because there's just lots of code on the pages in the other parts of the site. And on the site's homepage, we're intermittently seeing some slow page loads. But any detail you can add from your experience is helpful.

We've been digging into our network and some of our ISP's policies, but unfortunately it can take some time to sort out intermittent issues like this. Thanks for your patience.
For me the Home page and the forums load very slow!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Still way slow to load over here!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am getting very inconsistent performance, it may be what is outlined in this topic, but I can't get these pages to load.

I will get, about 1/2 the time, the page to load very quickly. The other half the page doesn't load, the status bar at the bottom never fills and the indicator at the top shows its trying. If I refresh, stop and re-click or just re-click the link in question, many times it then loads instantly.

I have tried waiting random amounts of time, I've gone as long as 2 minutes waiting for the page, then re-clicked the link and poof, it loads instantly.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is taking 3 to 5 minutes to load......i`m on dial up but it always ran fast before......hope you guys fix it soon.....
Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 PM

I'm not one to complain usually but since you guys changed servers it is taking an extremely long time to load each page and every time I change forums I have to login again because it tells me I am logged in as a guest even though each time it says "login successfull". I really hope you can get this straight because I love this site but I have not been on here much the last few days because it is TOO frustrating. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Spike

We realize that the site slowness is a growing frustration for many of you, and we're doing our best to get to the bottom of it. We haven't seen anything yet that would explain it, but we'll keep digging till we get it resolved. Wish I had more to report, but that's all I have right now. If we haven't gotten this resolved before then, I'll post tomorrow with another update.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Guys.. you would be better going back to the old servers until you can work out the problem. In many cases, having pages load at slower than dail up speed justisn't cutting it.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm getting redirected to random sites, youtube, yellowpages, travel, etc... when I first open up the Huntingnet homepage.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: bitterroot21

I'm getting redirected to random sites, youtube, yellowpages, travel, etc... when I first open up the Huntingnet homepage.

i am having the same problem when i try to do a search for outfiters

Quick Reply: Post-Migration Tech issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.