HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help-35/)
-   -   timed out (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help/228785-timed-out.html)

BigHonkers 01-23-2008 07:09 PM

timed out

when i try to post i routinely get the following error message:

We are sorry... You are seeing this message because of one of the following reasons:
[ol][*]Your session timed out.[*]The server was restarted before you made a HTTP POST (posting a message, registering an account, login, etc.)[/ol] Problem #1:
[blockquote] You probably spent too much time and your session timed out. This is, however, rarely the cause of the problem because we implemented a session keep-alive mechanism to prevent this issue from happening. However, the server itself could have experienced some problems that prevented this mechanism to work as it should, and therefore we cannot completely rule out the possibility of this either.
You need to make sure your browser has cookies enabled. See below for instructions:
Firefox 2+ :
[ul][*]Select "Tools" from the browser Menu bar[*] Select "Options"[*] Select the "Privacy" tab[*] Verify that "Accept cookies from sites" is selected[*] Click the "OK" button [/ul] Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+:
[ul][*]Select "Tools" from the browser Menu bar[*] Select "Internet Options"[*] Select the "Privacy" tab[*] Click "Advanced" to bring up the cookie management window[*]Check "Override automatic cookie handling"[*] Locate "Cookies" and verify that "Always allow session cookies" is checked [/ul] If you already have cookies enabled and still experienced the problem, see problem #2 below for other possible causes.
[/blockquote] Problem #2:
[blockquote] Your server experienced problems and was forced to restart. Restarting a server will erase all session data and our protective mechansim had no choice but to drop your HTTP POST because we had no way to identify you without valid session data.
Many forum administrators host their forums on shared servers, on which could have more than 200 sites hosted together. Sometimes the server has to be restarted because some badly written programs on other sites may drain the CPU/RAM and cause the IIS to restart itself. This is unfortunately an inevitable situation that many site administrators and its users have to face from time to time.
[/blockquote] Technical Information
[ul][*]For more information, please contact forum admin.[*]For forum software inquiry, please contact [email protected] or visit ASPPlayground.NET. [/ul]
i'm using firefox 2.0.0.1.1 and i have it set to accept cookies from huntingnet.com and hunting.net. i also sometimes get this message seconds after logging in. i usually have to log out and then log back it.

BigHonkers 01-24-2008 10:14 PM

RE: timed out

HELLO???????????