HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help-35/)
-   -   Login Problems (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-help/221767-login-problems.html)

Redneck Bowhunter 12-09-2007 03:52 PM

Login Problems

Okay, I have never had a problem with HNI before this. I changed my password a while back and my new one was a whole bunch of numbers that I couldn't possibly remember. So I wanted to use the save as cookie feature so I did not have to remember or look up my password everytime I want to go on HNI. Well, it will work but only for like an hour, I can close and open HNI for that first hour and still be logged on, but I can only post reply's when I first Log on and I can only post topics every consecutive time I come on in that hour im still logged on. I would like to have it saved as a cookie so I can just come and go as I please and not have to worry about logging in and out and be able to post topics and reply's. Please Help.

Redneck Bowhunter 12-17-2007 02:07 PM

RE: Login Problems

So I guess no one else has had this problem? Or the administrators don't know how to fix it? I also have to log in twice before it will recognized I am logged in.

Paulpskp 12-26-2007 06:33 PM

I have been having problems also see my new post. I feel your pain but I don't think it will allow sign in permanetly.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-28-2007 10:05 PM

Log out, delete your cache/temp files and cookies, log back in. That takes care of the issue for most people.

Also, you can go to your profile page and change your password to something you can remember.

Yedneck 12-29-2007 08:52 AM

I think I know what you are saying.But does that mean I have to relaod like a new member.New user Id .I am scared I will loose all my info from over the years as a member.Trying to figure it out.Me and computers get along but just so far.I am still learning.Thanks for the info.
Larry

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-29-2007 06:44 PM

No, as long as you know your username and password you can log in from anywhere. Emptying your cache and cookies will not lose your status on HNI.

Redneck Bowhunter 01-04-2008 02:36 PM

Ok I did all of that but it didn't save as a cookie when I told it to.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-20-2008 06:09 PM

Do you mean when you logged back in?

Redneck Bowhunter 01-23-2008 04:01 PM

Well, yes that is what I mean. I will tell it to save as a cookie and then it will not remember me when I come back to the site. And the last time it did allow me to it wouldn't let me post. I changed my password and now it is easier to remember, but when I log in iw will say "login successful" in the next screen but then when the forum comes up it says i am still a guest. Then I try my login again and it finally works. That happens every timeI try to log in.