Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Judge My Mount ... >

Judge My Mount ...

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Judge My Mount ...

Old 05-31-2005, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Judge My Mount ...

My point, DD, is that you paid over 14k for your 180 class, and a guy on ebay just paid $410 for the same size horns....you got robbed my friend. And to make matters worse, it took you 4 years and sub zero temps....This guy did it with the click of the mouse from his desk, probably in his underwear.....HAHAHAHAHAHA...There's one born every minute
Old 05-31-2005, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

My point, DD, is that you paid over 14k for your 180 class, and a guy on ebay just paid $410 for the same size horns....you got robbed my friend. And to make matters worse, it took you 4 years and sub zero temps....This guy did it with the click of the mouse from his desk, probably in his underwear.....HAHAHAHAHAHA...There's one born every minute
You really dont get it do you? its not just about the antlers, those are just a bonus. its about having an adventure of a lifetime and meeting people around the world and exchanging memories. its not just about the antlers.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Moose it did take me 4 years and a good bit of money AND effort ...but during those 4 years I took home a LIFETIME full of memories ...not to mention I passed several bucks that I could have harvested but decided to let them walk ... its called "Hunting" ..NOT KILLING !

Doc
Old 06-01-2005, 06:11 AM

Is that what you call what you do Doc?.....HAHAHAHA
Old 06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
bigcountry

It was very nice DD, and I could only dream of getting one like that one day. I can't see anything wrong with it, but I hate to say this, cause MHH is a loud mouth and I have called him out before, but I actually see his point. I am with him on this point.

Does traveling somewhere and sitting where a guide tells you make you a top notch hunter compared to the fella that hunts an area his whole life, maybe see's a monster while driving around some Sunday in the later summer. Decides to go after that deer. Sits on his bow stand day after day. And finally kills that deer. Takes skill and stamina and alot of luck. I notice you have a gamefarm animal on your wall also. Maybe I judge you wrong.

Anyway, congradulations on the deer.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Big your point is well taken but consider this ... I NEVER made a claim in this post that I was a "Top notch hunter" ....however I have been deer hunting Alabama and Tennessee for over 20 years ...taken a number of deer with a bow and rifle ...however I always wanted to hunt BIG Whitetail so decided to go to Canada and give it a try .... now the fact that Canada REQUIRES a visiting hunter to hunt with an outfitter ...and a visiting hunter like me has to hire a guide ....does that make me any less of a hunter then I was before I visited Canada? I remember when I was a kid there was a bow hunter by the name of Howard Hill who was a hero of mine ...I watched him on ABC's Wild World of Sports go to Africa and hunt Elephant ...now he paid for that hunt or someone paid for it ...did that make him a "SPORT" or less of a hunter ...I beg to differ ..when he shot that bull elephant with a recurve bow I THOUGHT HE WAS THE GREATEST hunter alive
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 PM
bigcountry

Well, either way it goes, nice deer. I have been on canadian hunts. Being guided sometimes puts a bad feeling on the kill. Of course thats personal opinion. I guess the post went downhill when it turned into, my deer is bigger than yours type of thing.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

YOUR RIGHT ON THAT POINT BIG AND THE QUESTION WAS NOT HOW BIG MY DEER WAS BUT WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE MOUNT ... BUT I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON ON HERE ..ILL NOT ASK A QUESTION LIKE THIS AGAIN ...JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE
Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 AM

Actually Dr Death or guideme or whoever you are today, the post went down hill when people were giving you their opinion of the mount and you couldn't handle it, so you started getting nasty. You ruined your own thread, and then you delete all your posts like a child so you can blame everyone else. Stop staring at your COMMERCIAL GRADE MOUNT and do us all a favor and get with the program. And I also wated to tell you about a site I found where you can go on a "hunt" where you can show up on the first day and go in the barn and pick out the deer you want, and they let it go, and then you run around in the back 40 til you catch it and then you shoot it. They have some real monsters...200"+ Booners. And it's only like 5-7k; alot less money than you paid for this one. Thought it was up your alley, you should check it out. Then you could get it mounted and tell war stories about it and repeat what you did with this one and plaster it all over the net. Have fun.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

MOOSE THIS WILL BE OUR LAST ENCOUNTER UNLESS I AM LUCKY ENOUGH TO MEET YOU ON THE STREET SOME DAY ...YOUR JUST A TROUBLE MAKER AND IF I HAD TO GUESS YOUR JUST A PUNK .... PLEASE IN THE FUTURE WHEN YOU SEE ONE OF MY POST JUST PASS OVER IT AND I WILL DO THE SAME WITH YOURS ...

Quick Reply: Judge My Mount ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.