Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Typical Costs of a Deer Mount? >

Typical Costs of a Deer Mount?

Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Typical Costs of a Deer Mount?

Old 08-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Spike

Default Typical Costs of a Deer Mount?

Hey guys,

I'm new to hunting but I'm looking to take my first buck this fall. I've been thinking about mounting my first harvested deer, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it. How much is a typical shoulder mount for a white tail in your areas? I'm SE PA if it makes a difference.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

on average I would guess any where from 300 to 500 bucks is the norm, range IMO!
a lot depends on the person doing the work, there skill level and well, what they charge
NOT all taxidermists are up to the same skill set, I highly recommend you learn some things to look for on mounts, to tell GOOD from bad one's and then go visit some taxidermist near you and see what there work looks like!
a good taxidermist that is ALWAYS consistent, is rather hard ti find IMO
and some time,s price has NOTHING to do with quality either!
also ask for turn around times, and if you drop anything off, get something in writing with prices and estimated return time!
Old 12-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Spike

Default Prices for dee

Originally Posted by mrbb
on average I would guess any where from 300 to 500 bucks is the norm, range IMO!
a lot depends on the person doing the work, there skill level and well, what they charge
NOT all taxidermists are up to the same skill set, I highly recommend you learn some things to look for on mounts, to tell GOOD from bad one's and then go visit some taxidermist near you and see what there work looks like!
a good taxidermist that is ALWAYS consistent, is rather hard ti find IMO
and some time,s price has NOTHING to do with quality either!
also ask for turn around times, and if you drop anything off, get something in writing with prices and estimated return time!
mounts,
out west a good deer mount will run you 600-700.00, more for something like wall pedestals etc
Old 01-18-2020, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe that the average here is around $500.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Did you have any luck this season? I realize this is a little old but was just curious. In my area 350.00-500 was the norm but it's been a few years since I've had one done.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

To ask this question on a web site that encompasses many states is counter productive. The cost of taxidermy varies from state to state. You live in PA, you should google Taxidermists in your area an contact them and ask what they charge for what you want. After you know what they charge, visit their shops and see their work, then select the taxidermist that suits you within your financial ability!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’m in Vermont and it’s $550.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

$400-$600. Most taxidermists will be in that range. A cheaper alternative is a European mount which will run about $150 give or take.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I charge $580. which is about average in my area. I also have an extra charge of $35. for any repair from knife, slug, bullet or broadhead from being shot in the neck or above the shoulder area that will be in the finished mount.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Spike

I'm in eastern NC and it's $400 here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.