Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
My new Leopard mount and a few more >

My new Leopard mount and a few more

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

My new Leopard mount and a few more

Old 02-28-2018, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default My new Leopard mount and a few more

Last week I picked up my Leopard mount. The taxidermy work was done by Monarch Taxidermy in Helena, MT. It instantly became my favorite mount.

And here's the rest of that room...

Last edited by buffybr; 02-28-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

WOW! Great looking mounts
Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful cat! Those 4 rams are still my favorite though
Old 03-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. Some of those animals were from my early days of hunting in the 70s.

Rob, I'm proud of all of those animals, but what is more special to me is that the 3 bighorn rams, both of the moose, both of those elk, the 3 deer, the mountain goat, and all of the pronghorns I got on DIY, solo hunts, and almost all were on public land.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is special Buffy!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Freaking badass!!!
Old 03-03-2018, 02:40 AM
Typical Buck

Buffybr. Very nice cat, good pose and nice base .
If it were my mount it would be placed where the tail would be guarded and no one could get near it ! No way would it be near the end of a bar or a stool !
Old 03-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mounting man
Buffybr. Very nice cat, good pose and nice base .
If it were my mount it would be placed where the tail would be guarded and no one could get near it ! No way would it be near the end of a bar or a stool !
Thanks for your kind comments.

I had/have the same concerns for the leopards tail. The picture that I gave the taxidermist would have had the tail pointing toward the bar. I asked him to point it more to the window.

I live alone and it is very rare that I have more than one or two guests. Almost never does anyone but me go behind the bar.

I actually designed and built that room myself back in 1988. At that time I had only hunted in Colorado and Montana and I only had a dozen mounts. If I was to build that room today I would make the side walls higher and eliminate two of the windows.

As you can see in the pictures, I'm just about out of space for more mounts, and the leopard is in the best space I could find. The sun is not a friend of taxidermy, so nothing can go in front of the large windows in the west wall.

I also didn't post pictures of my living room that currently has 8 mounts and has two reserved spaces for full mounts of a New Zealand Tahr and a Cougar which, along with 12 other critters are at my taxidermist waiting to be mounted.

And hopefully I have at least another 10 years of hunting.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is great to be able to do a leopard like that. I have been skunked on leopard twice and have given up. That surely is a room filled with fond memories.

The leopard is a very nice mount but I am really impressed by the unusual mount of the dog on the sofa!
Old 04-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Spike

Wow! That's a great looking collection! Have you personally hunted all the items shown? That is a great life time type of collection... Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.