Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Taxidermy for the memory not the size >

Taxidermy for the memory not the size

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Taxidermy for the memory not the size

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Spike

Default Taxidermy for the memory not the size

I am a taxidermist that is also a disabled vet in a wheelchair. I tell everyone that asks me "should I mount this, it's not that big". My answer is always who was with you, how was the hunt, and how was the trip? I tell them about my hunting buddy who is also a disabled vet that shot an elk with his bow on our first archery elk hunt together. The score was only about 260ish, which anyone that hunts elk knows that this is not very big. But he had it mounted so that every time he looks at it on his wall it takes him back to that nice September day in Montana and we are both hunting elk.
I mean you are gonna mount a 360 bull or 180" whitetail whether the hunt was fun or not. So, mount for the memory of the hunt not the size of the animal.
And I'll even do it for ya
Old 04-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

So, mount for the memory of the hunt not the size of the animal.

***Great point, as truer words were never spoken!