Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Hi from a moose antler carver >

Hi from a moose antler carver

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Hi from a moose antler carver

Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mackie
You are a very talented young man ....beautiful work!
Thank you for your appreciation!!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Spike

Default The Bears....

Here is my carving recently finishes....a peaceful scene from the life of bears....

Old 11-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

You have computer and you have the internet. There is no reason you can't earn very good money selling internationally on the net. You may even be able to have one of the higher priced sporting goods outfits such as Orvis or Kevins to handle your carvings for you. With your talent, I would predict great success.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
You have computer and you have the internet. There is no reason you can't earn very good money selling internationally on the net. You may even be able to have one of the higher priced sporting goods outfits such as Orvis or Kevins to handle your carvings for you. With your talent, I would predict great success.
Oldtimr, thank you for your reply!!!
However, making art is one thing but selling art is another hard issue....
Old 11-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am fully aware of that. However, I have two friends who are canvas artists and they do quite well for themselves with wildlife art, they promote themselves and they sell through other venues. It takes a concerted effort to get known, oncean artist is known and popular, the selling pretty much takes care of its self. I have friends, several that are waterfowl decoy carvers, both decorative and working style, they compete in shows, set up booths at waterfowl shows and festivals and they do very well. I am not telling you it is easy, it takes effort but many of these guys are full time artists now. You certainly have the talent to do well if you promote yourself. Have you ever approched a gallery with your work to see if twey would handle and promote your work? Don't talk yourself out of trying. If I had your talent, I would have never worked for someone else.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-26-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I am fully aware of that. However, I have two friends who are canvas artists and they do quite well for themselves with wildlife art, they promote themselves and they sell through other venues. It takes a concerted effort to get known, oncean artist is known and popular, the selling pretty much takes care of its self. I have friends, several that are waterfowl decoy carvers, both decorative and working style, they compete in shows, set up booths at waterfowl shows and festivals and they do very well. I am not telling you it is easy, it takes effort but many of these guys are full time artists now. You certainly have the talent to do well if you promote yourself. Have you ever approched a gallery with your work to see if twey would handle and promote your work? Don't talk yourself out of trying. If I had your talent, I would have never worked for someone else.
Oldtimr, thanks so much for your words, they are a great support for me!!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are a talented artist!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

Beautiful works of art indeed! Very detailed and impressive!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default Oak cribbage board

This is a cribbage board I have just carved, made of oak, and in the middle is a wild life scene, a wolf chasing a deer.
The size is 38,5 x 25 x 3,6 cm.
It is for sale.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you want to sell it, post a price in US dollars. It is excellant work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.