Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out >

164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out

Old 09-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Spike

my last post on this topic

ive stained and airbrushed repo's before... drop one of the repo's on cement and see what happens...

put repo next to real antlers..

all repo bases are sim... not like real antlers... have a plain feel not a wild..bumpy feeling....

they are what they are.. fake

what do you think of a corvette??? now what do to you think of a fake corvette???

see where im at...

good profit... terrible look..feel... and color

all colors look the same...

my 2 cents
Old 10-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Runko,

When is the last time you have seen or layed hands on a replica??? I have tested mine, I have dropped them from chest height and they did not!!!!!!! break or chip. You must have had some made from inferior material. As far as fake in the burrs or anywhere, you dont know what you are talking about there either, the replica is an exact copy down to every last detail there is on the real antler.
Personally i do not know a single person that is just going to buy a big replica and say that they have shot it, maybe that just happens in your neck of the woods. And I also think you that you are not a happy person and you have to complain about things to make you feel better. It really doesnt matter if someone wants to buy a replica or not, its your choice if you dont want one but everyone else has a right to do what they want.

Anyways I guess im just trying to explain something to a brick wall here, so I will stop here and go get some work done, but try and have a good day anyways.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Just one more thing, I can mount two deer heads one with the real antlers and one with a replica and you will not be able to pick which one is which you would have to guess, as far as the coloring goes most of the time i will have 4-5 colors in on rack, so no it does not look all the same.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

excalibur43,

I sent you a PM earlier, im just making sure that you received it.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trophy time
Just one more thing, I can mount two deer heads one with the real antlers and one with a replica and you will not be able to pick which one is which you would have to guess, as far as the coloring goes most of the time i will have 4-5 colors in on rack, so no it does not look all the same.
+1, My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trophy time
excalibur43,

I sent you a PM earlier, im just making sure that you received it.

Thanks
Got it, Thanks.
And I agree, most well done replicas are just as hard, if not harder then the real antlers. Yours look very realistic, and coloring looks great.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great to me! Fooled me for the real ones. Just a question; About how many hours do you have in that rack?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Fork Horn

If you want to count from the beginning of starting with the rubber and making the mold to finished product it was around 20-24 hours of actual working on it time. Antlers itself close to 5 hours.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Spike

trophy time,

how many awards have you won??

i bet you dont salt your capes...

ill tell you want take a pic of a real and a fake mount.. and ill pick the real one...
Old 10-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by runko
trophy time,

how many awards have you won??

i bet you dont salt your capes...

ill tell you want take a pic of a real and a fake mount.. and ill pick the real one...
It doesn't matter how many awards hes gotten..

A friend of mine that does taxidermy is the best I know and he has never won an award. I would take my deer to him before anyone else no matter how good they are.. Because I know he takes his time and does everything right.

Also, people who win awards take their deer to shows... maybe he doesn't..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.