Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out >

164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out

Old 09-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default 164" Gross 8 Point Replica Ready to ship out

Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is the cost?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Spike

400.00 as he site states ... for plastic horns lol

the paint dulls/fades in high areas with uv light...

be better off buying sheds off of ebay imho

taxi for 11 years
Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 AM
Fork Horn

Runko, Who is going to stick there mounts in a high uv light area anyway?????????? Real antlers are going to fade along with the capes. My guess is you would be like the 10-15 calls I get every year somebody has shot a big buck of a lifetime and it burned up, was stolen or whatever, and want to know if I can build it from scratch. Well, I guess they should have replicated it because now it is going to cost at least twice as much to build from pictures.
If you don't understand or choose not to buy a replica that is up to you but you can keep your comments to yourself because you really don't know anything about it. Most people that buy the bigger replicas are not going to pay the $75,000 or higher for the real antlers.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like replicas myself. Would love to have the Jordan Buck someday, $$$$$$!! Nice looking Replicas, by the way!
Taxi for 22 years.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

As I have posted in the past I don't think too much of replicas or of the taxidermist who put them on the market, I work hard for my trophy's and another guy can just buy one, I have posted a few times about this and I guess in the end it is "to each his own"

I have also posted that for people to view the "Great Ones" or to be used in education I think it is great. here is one of my past posts, and there are others, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, but FAKE is FAKE
Doc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see any problem at all (in fact I support it) with displaying reproductions for the reasons you pointed out. But my problem is when someone has a set made and then hangs them on the wall (taking credit for the harvest) And this is being done!!, I will give you an example, I was fishing with a guy and he caught a nice pike, he released it, but before doing so, we measured it, weighted it, took pictures of it, so he could have a reproduction made, well,, when he received his mount it looked rather large to me, I asked him about it, being a good friend he confided in me that he use the "power of the pencil" and added a little here and there. (more than a little imop).
I certainly do not want to start an argument but reproductions are not real!! They are fake, no matter how good or detailed the reproduction is, (a fake $10 no matter how good--is still a fake)

I have seen (as I am sure you have) manufactured antlers, I know a guy who has a couple of nice mounts which were man-made (fake) he doesn't take credit for them, but has them in his store. I have some nice wildlife mounts, I earned everyone of them, and it really "turns my Crank" when I see someone passing off a fake as one they "Worked" so hard to get. NO DISRESPECT to anyone!!! but I don't look very positive at a taxidermist who will do this for someone. There is nothing wrong with reproducing the "Great Ones" so we can all see them. I am like you, I enjoy looking at a large set of antlers, BUT I want them to have came off a deer,,, Not taken out of a mold. Doc

DocD
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DocD
Find More Posts by DocD
Add DocD to Your Contacts
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Spike

http://www.mckenziesp.com/Antlers-C114.aspx

has antlers repo for sale for the same price from a professional company....

repo's are what they are... nice to look at.. but faker than the thugs rolex at walmart...

yal'' talk about 75k horns lmao

you can buy 200-350" sheds on ebay all day long for 1k-3k
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

They should come with a fake head and a "shinny Red Nose"
Doc
Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Spike

lol haha indeed
Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really dont care what kind of story someone tells about a deer on their wall. If they harvested it legally, good for them, if not, they know they didn't kill it, but if I were making repro antlers and selling them at a good profit, the buyers could keep telling all the lies they wanted to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.