Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
call again or not??? >

call again or not???

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

call again or not???

Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default call again or not???

Should I call my taxi or not?? Dropped off 12-9-09 and he said he had half what he did the year before but give him a year. I called 12-1-10 hoping to get it for my son's Christmas. Said would be January so I called the middle of January. Said he still had some in front of me so it will be 3-4 weeks. Called 3-1-11 and he said 3-4 weeks, I was 6th on the list. 3-4 weeks is now 8 and I have still not heard from him. 12 months is nearly 17. I don't wanna make him mad but he was a bit smart with me last time I called. When he gives me a time I double it before I call back so I think he had no right to get upset at me. Should I go ahead and call or let it ride?? I did my homework and he is supposed to be one of the best around, on the state taxidermy board or whatever it is and spoken of quite highly. Just wish he would stick to what he tells me or tell me why he is not. Don't want him mad this is my son's first buck and I want it right.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

I would say to keep on him in a nice way. Next time you call, when he says 3-4 weeks say ok 3-4 weeks and I will give you a call, sound good? tell him again how excited your son is to get is deer back and you know it will look great.

Sad to say, but you might have to stroke his ego a little and then find a new taxi next time.

Good luck
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Already took my biggest buck to date to a different taxi this year. Killed a year apart and I will get mine back within a couple months of getting my son's.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Called and he was finishing paint so picked up last night.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

good glad it worked out for you. how did it turn out?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

From 12/2009 to 4/2011. THATS TOTALLY RIDUCLOUS!! I wouldn't consider him a very good taxidermist with that kind of a time return. I take deerheads in at fall, and have them all returned by end April next spring. Mine are all done & gone now, and thats even slow now compared to some taxidermists.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

I will post pics in a few days for opinions on how it turned out. A few places look rough due to scars from fighting (understandable) and he turned him the wrong way because one shoulder was missing some hair. Now it looks at my table instead of the front door but it will be ok.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

BuckAlley, there is a guy by me that has a 1 - 2 year wait. I don't think he is that good, his name is bill yox.... LOL.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

oh yea, bill yox does really amazing work so sometimes timeframes are not the top priority. I have chose to use other guys because I want my stuff back within a year.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
From 12/2009 to 4/2011. THATS TOTALLY RIDUCLOUS!! I wouldn't consider him a very good taxidermist with that kind of a time return. I take deerheads in at fall, and have them all returned by end April next spring. Mine are all done & gone now, and thats even slow now compared to some taxidermists.
Turn around time has absolutely nothing to do with how good or successful a taxidermist is. To be honest, in more cases than not a longer turnaround time usually means the taxidermist is very good and very busy because of it. However that has nothing to do with this guys question and the rediculousness of it is the taxidermist stringing it along but sounds like he got his deer back now so all is good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.