HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   Unbelievable Mass !! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/340529-unbelievable-mass.html)

BlackCreekTaxidermy 02-19-2011 07:34 PM

Unbelievable Mass !!

Check out the mass on this buck !! It is a reproduction of a breeder buck we mounted for a local client. Super heavy !!

Pope94/IA 02-20-2011 06:01 AM

Nice buck! I really like that dark brown, "old" color to the bases.

The browtines look kind of like a "rock-n-roll" sign if you think about it.. :rock:Maybe its just because of my imagination. :D

bchunts 02-20-2011 07:40 AM

Nice! Freak Nasty.

VA5326 02-20-2011 07:54 AM

Wow!! Thats nice!!!!

bradley300 02-21-2011 02:28 PM

what does that deer score?

quake 02-21-2011 02:58 PM

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRACKER 02-21-2011 08:01 PM

Wow.....

Nice deer and mount .
He must have a sore neck .. LOL...

DocD 02-23-2011 04:46 AM

I am sure others will disagree but to me, having a generic enhanced deer mounted is not much different than having a plastic one made,
it would mean absolutely nothing to me hanging on the wall. we live in such a "shallow world" If you can't hunt-- have one made. I also think Taxidermist do a great disservice to themselves when they do reproductions, NOW!! that is just my opinion, but I am sure there is a good market for them, kinda like fake "boobs" some guys just don't care. again jmop (The mount does look very good)
Doc

Western MA Hunter 02-23-2011 05:53 AM

wow... that is awesome

DocD 02-23-2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA (Post 3775876)
Nice buck! I really like that dark brown, "old" color to the bases.

The browtines look kind of like a "rock-n-roll" sign if you think about it.. :rock:Maybe its just because of my imagination. :D

Originally Posted by bchunts (Post 3775927)
Nice! Freak Nasty.

Originally Posted by VA5326 (Post 3775933)
Wow!! Thats nice!!!!

Originally Posted by quake (Post 3776623)
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter (Post 3777492)
wow... that is awesome

Not to belabor the issue but fella's they are FFAAAKKKKEEE. although I really don't give a darn, it is becomeing increasingly popular, Over my years of hunting (and it has been more than a few) I have come to the conclusion that (some) sportsmen are about as shallow a people you will ever meet!!! NOT ALL!!! but many would hang a fake deer and think nothing about it!!!! For 3 or 4 hundred you can buy a monster. Whenever I see a nice one on the wall, (unless I know the person) I always wonder!!!! Doc

Buy from a number of styles

Muscoda Monster Whitetail
The 147 7/8" Score does not say everything about this beautiful Wisconsin rack. Thick bladed tines and good mass throughout give this rack a much larger appearance. Shipped direct from the manufacturer, Classic Antlers by Klaus in Wisconsin. The 2011 U.S. shipping and handling charge is 50.00.

Code Item Description Score Price
AA0144 Muscoda Monster (antlers and skull plate only) 147-7/8" Typical 269.95

DocD 02-23-2011 01:10 PM

As I said in an earler post, I hate to see this happen, I am not sure but I would suspect that all the mounts we see at Gander mt and other large sporting good stores are fake (I don't know this, but I think so) Good Luck Doc

. Woods Whitetail
A spectacular non-typical from Wisconsin! Lots of character with stickers in the bases and heavy mass all throughout the beams and tines. Shipped direct from Classic Antlers by Klaus in Wisconsin. The 2011 U.S. shipping and handling charge is 77.00.

AA0229 J.D. Woods Whitetail (antlers and skull plate only) 202 5/8" Non-Typical 359.95

Hog 8 Whitetail Buck
A 22-1/8 inch inside spread with tall outstretching tines says it all for this handsome reproduction. You better have some wall space to display this awesome rack! Shipped from the manufacturer in Wisconsin. 2011 US shipping and handling charge is 77.00. Antlers and skull plate only.

AA1008 Hog 8 Whitetail Buck (finished set) 190-2/8" Non-Typical 359.95

BlackCreekTaxidermy 02-24-2011 03:08 PM

Doc, are you seroius ?
These are not fake antlers. These are exact reproductions of the original antlers.
I don't see the anything wrong with the replicas.
Just think if there were not any replicas, you would not get a chance to see and enjoy the sizes of the biggest deer ever taken ! Those original antlers would be locked away in Johnny Morris's or Dick Cabelas personal trophy rooms.
Instead replicas are made & put on display for all to enjoy.
Now if someone is trying to pass off a replica rack to be real, then that is a problem.
I like seeing big deer antlers for the antlers themselves, not for who killed it.

bradley300 02-24-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCreekTaxidermy (Post 3778190)
Doc, are you seroius ?
These are not fake antlers. These are exact reproductions of the original antlers.
I don't see the anything wrong with the replicas.
Just think if there were not any replicas, you would not get a chance to see and enjoy the sizes of the biggest deer ever taken ! Those original antlers would be locked away in Johnny Morris's or Dick Cabelas personal trophy rooms.
Instead replicas are made & put on display for all to enjoy.
Now if someone is trying to pass off a replica rack to be real, then that is a problem.
I like seeing big deer antlers for the antlers themselves, not for who killed it.

have to agree with that! its neat going into some of these outdoor stores just to look at the mounts. sure alot probably are fake, but like you said, the other option is never getting to see what a 300+ inch rack looks like. now someone dreaming up a set of huge antlers, and passing them as real that they killed is one thing, but replicas are a different story. they are a way to share with the rest of the world the magnificient rack that was actually grown by a real deer

DocD 02-24-2011 06:09 PM

I don't see any problem at all (in fact I support it) with displaying reproductions for the reasons you pointed out. But my problem is when someone has a set made and then hangs them on the wall (taking credit for the harvest) And this is being done!!, I will give you an example, I was fishing with a guy and he caught a nice pike, he released it, but before doing so, we measured it, weighted it, took pictures of it, so he could have a reproduction made, well,, when he received his mount it looked rather large to me, I asked him about it, being a good friend he confided in me that he use the "power of the pencil" and added a little here and there. (more than a little imop).
I certainly do not want to start an argument but reproductions are not real!! They are fake, no matter how good or detailed the reproduction is, (a fake $10 no matter how good--is still a fake)

I have seen (as I am sure you have) manufactured antlers, I know a guy who has a couple of nice mounts which were man-made (fake) he doesn't take credit for them, but has them in his store. I have some nice wildlife mounts, I earned everyone of them, and it really "turns my Crank" when I see someone passing off a fake as one they "Worked" so hard to get. NO DISRESPECT to anyone!!! but I don't look very positive at a taxidermist who will do this for someone. There is nothing wrong with reproducing the "Great Ones" so we can all see them. I am like you, I enjoy looking at a large set of antlers, BUT I want them to have came off a deer,,, Not taken out of a mold. Doc

muleymaster 02-27-2011 07:56 PM

i sometimes wonder if other bucks laugh at bucks like this. very nice work.

BarnesX.308 03-06-2011 04:04 PM

i sometimes wonder if other bucks laugh at bucks like this
No, they blow pellets out their arse and run to the next county :D

srwshooter 05-08-2011 02:44 PM

to me force growing a whitetail into one of those stupid looking freaks is a total insult to the species. and like it or not some make it into the record book.

South33 05-08-2011 02:50 PM

haha
People take this WAY to personal!

It is an absolute trophy & thank you for sharing BCT!

-South