Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
3 1/2 weeks....shoulder mount? >

3 1/2 weeks....shoulder mount?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

3 1/2 weeks....shoulder mount?

Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

We just did a rush service for a guy, we charge 50% more for that, had it out the door in time for christmas, less than 4 weeks, I will post some pictures of it tomorrow. It can be done! and it can be done right!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
So I would like to hear from some of the pro taxi's on here. How long does it take to do one shoulder mount like the one posted in this thread. Assuming that you only have one to do and you don't wait on multiples to save money on supplies etc. What is the minimum amount of time it would take to do one. I am just curious how quick one could be done and be done right. Given time to tan, let things dry, etc. I know nothing about taxidermy so i am just curious how quick one could get a deer back if there taxi had nothing else to do.

I also offer 30 day rush service on most species. It can definitely be done right in 30 days, but if the taxidermist doesn't have anything else going this time of year there's a problem. lol
Old 12-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TimberlandTaxidermy
I also offer 30 day rush service on most species. It can definitely be done right in 30 days, but if the taxidermist doesn't have anything else going this time of year there's a problem. lol
+1! Cant argue with that.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hit the nail on the head ..

Very well stated Timberland Taxidermy ,

I totally understand that there are guys that can't afford paying $700, or even $500 for a quality shoulder mount, hell, I couldn't either. There are plenty of lower priced taxidermists that fill that niche, and personally I don't concern myself with other shops or what they charge. That is the great thing about this free enterprise country, we can all charge whatever we feel we are worth, and consumers are free to choose who they want to do their work. I was simply offering my opinions on what those that want the best job should look for in a taxidermy shop.

Timberland Taxidermy
Cole Cruickshank
10813 NE Witt Rd.
Cameron, MO 64429