Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Suspicious taxidermist?????  HELP!!!! >

Suspicious taxidermist????? HELP!!!!

Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Suspicious taxidermist????? HELP!!!!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
I would put a $100 that your cape is not there and is lost or got ruined. I've heard this whore story more than I care to share.
That's a stupid thing to say considering you don't know squat about the situation. And I'm guessing you actually haven't heard of that happening very often. It doesn't happen often, and when it does most taxidermists will just tell the customer and buy them a new cape. Not a big deal. Estimated completion dates are just that, estimates. It's a bit strange your buddy got his back, but it's way too early to jump to conclusions.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Spike

I've heard this whore story more than I care to share.

LOL!!!!!!!! 2 Lunger- you crack me up....

I've heard some "whore" stories too- but they usually have a happy ending! LOL

Hey guys- you don't have to start calling each other "stupid" on here. That's not called for. I just wanted some other people's opinions, and that's all. We're here to help each other- not dishonor each other.

I appreciate everyone sharing their opinion, but if it is different than yours, you don't have to get angry about it. That's not fun or helpful for anyone.

Thanks for everyone's help- I appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by M.Magis
That's a stupid thing to say considering you don't know squat about the situation. And I'm guessing you actually haven't heard of that happening very often.
Bad morning?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Bad morning?
Let me clarify, and I should have picked my words better. I apologize for that. I didn't mean to call anyone "stupid", only that jumping to worst case conclusions is a bad idea without knowing more information. If for no other reason than to prevent worrying the original poster more than he already is. At this point, there's no reason to assume the taxidermist is trying to rip anyone off or hide anything. Is it possible? Sure, but I still think it's unlikely.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Currently he is only a little over 16 months since he carried the head in.

I'm starting to think something is up though. Your buddy got his back and you took them in at the same time and he won't return your phone calls as well. I can see where your starting to get pissed. I would be going back and be asking for your rack and cape. I would put a $100 that your cape is not there and is lost or got ruined. I've heard this whore story more than I care to share.
So who is to say he didn't do his buddies deer then go to do a full size bear then another job then another job ect ect ect.....just because it was brought in the same time means absolutely nothing. Also, if for some unknown reason something did happen to the cape and it got ruined tell me where specifically it would always be the taxidermist fault? The only times I have ever had a cape get ruined was from the tannery cutting off an eyelid and the others were capes that slipped caused by spoilage from the customer. I without hesitation told the customer that the cape looks bad and the other issue with the tannery was on them to replace the cape.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I had leap year in mind..........
Old 03-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71
So who is to say he didn't do his buddies deer then go to do a full size bear then another job then another job ect ect ect.....just because it was brought in the same time means absolutely nothing. Also, if for some unknown reason something did happen to the cape and it got ruined tell me where specifically it would always be the taxidermist fault? The only times I have ever had a cape get ruined was from the tannery cutting off an eyelid and the others were capes that slipped caused by spoilage from the customer. I without hesitation told the customer that the cape looks bad and the other issue with the tannery was on them to replace the cape.
Well gosh dang darn...you taxi's sure are a jumpy bunch.

Original poster - The man has got your cape and he is dying to get started on your buck. The fact that he is avoiding you like the plague is nothing to worry about. Just go over to your buddies house and look at his deer.

Everyone happy now?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Spike

Original poster - The man has got your cape and he is dying to get started on your buck. The fact that he is avoiding you like the plague is nothing to worry about. Just go over to your buddies house and look at his deer.

Lol- I guess I will have to go hang out at my buddies to look at his deer!
Went down there on Saturday morning (1:55 minute drive), and the shop was all locked up and dark, ... ... ... again.
Left a note on the door asking (politely) to please call when he gets a chance. I'll be holding my breath.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

I understand him having other things to mount as well, but my taxi does his deer in the order he receives them. Fair for everyone.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

I think you would have reason to be upset....you have been waiting a long time with no communication. I am surpised with the full payment up front. I have never heard that from an established taxidermist. You should be able to see your completed work before paying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.