Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
First head of the year out the door >

First head of the year out the door

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

First head of the year out the door

Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First head of the year out the door

Well got my second year in buisiness off to a great start with a deer and a bear in the first week of the deer season here in WI (mid sept.) but since then its been dead to say the least. Was expecting some western and canadian animals to come in from people I know but non of the trips resulted in any trophys except the small bull I killed in CO that I will be mounting. Finished the first deer up on thursday. I did get another buck in finally on sunday so maybe thigns will start pickin up with the rut coming on now and gun season not far away. Feels good to get that first one of the year done exspecially when the cape was giving me some troubles during mounting. I did have a brain fart though and forgot to clean the eye lashes before I took pics, haha, and it was way to sunny the day I took pics, then it was raining the next day so no pics after cleaning. Any critiques are welcome. I know I had some issues with the hair on the right side of neck and tried working them out best I could, this was the first one I had troubles with on that. also that little black spot under his white patch is a small cowlick. Thanks. Kyle

Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice mount !
Old 10-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Spike

Nice Work! Ears look real Crisp! What form are you using by the way. I really like meder forms.

Last edited by Tumabuck; 10-27-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Thats a mckenzie 6500 (semi sneak). Haven't tried any of the meders yet. Might try a couple this year but we'll see. I really like working with and the looks of kenzies but I haven't used anything else yet so not much to compair to, haha, but I ahev seen some nice mounts on the meders so lookin into which on I might try. WCL
Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Spike

very nice

i use ben mears forms
mount up very nice and accurate detail throughout
Old 10-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Spike

Beautiful deer/mount!! Only thing I would suggest is maybe showing some whites of the eye.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kris24
Beautiful deer/mount!! Only thing I would suggest is maybe showing some whites of the eye.
The white shows on both backs of the eyes. You just can't see it in the pics. About an 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch on both sides the pic angles just don't show it. Not sure if I have a pic thats shows it or not I'll have to look.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one you can kind of see the line of it but still not a side profile pic. The deer didn't have a very big head, only had a 6 3/4" nose so the eyes aren't that big to show a ton of white either.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice, Wish I had brought the one from last year to you,Don't have it back yet. I shot a nice 6x6 elk but it was too far back for a couple old guys to carry the cape
Redclub
Old 10-31-2009, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice job. Keep up the good work, the customers will find you. Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.