HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   Just finished my Web Site (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/258834-just-finished-my-web-site.html)

cakreiner 08-20-2008 02:02 PM

Just finished my Web Site

Well I got my web site up and running. There are a few things I need to add yet but what do you guys think? Is there anything missing?

www.riversedgetaxidermy.us

Chris

wis_rifle_hunter 08-20-2008 03:43 PM

RE: Just finished my Web Site

pretty sweet looking site

Bullet Hole Bailey 08-20-2008 08:43 PM

cool!

Jasonlester 08-21-2008 01:13 PM

It looks nice. As it does seem a work in progress I'll give you a little constructive critisizm. Hoping you take it as just suggestions because it looks well on its way to be a great site for you.

1. On you price list page, why not just have them posted on that page instead of having costomers have to open yet another page. I assume your making this site to get your name out and get business and it just seems more profesional to me.

2. I would exchange your endorsment to your about me page (with a rename) and make your homepage about you business. This way people learn about you in a little more personal way. But also mention or link them to the endorsments page.

3. Your contact page is a good thing but also can be added as a header or footer to each page. At least the phone number etc. That way a costomer doesn'thave to go looking for the contact info. Just a though here because its nice not having to look.

4. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. I know thats pretty obvious but take a bunch of pics of several mounts and let people see close up what they look like. And like you have it don't forget to link them to bigger versions. I know with me I love to see the little details a taxi is willing to go to make the mount look right.

Like I said it looks good. Any new website should undergo some changes to fine tune it. I think its a great start and I just suggest these things to help if I can. Its just things I notice. It kinda fun working through all that stuff to get it right. And you know as a taxi, its the details that make it really nice.

Jason

cakreiner 08-21-2008 08:06 PM

Thanks Jason. That is exactly what I was looking for was the constructive critisizm. I wanted my price page to be the page itself without having to open another link but I was having problems making it look the way I wanted it to. The other things are definitely helpful and are things I didn't even think of. Thanks for the insite.

Jasonlester 08-21-2008 09:42 PM

Its always good to have some other people look at stuff like that and give advise. Its one of those times more eyes make all the difference.

Let us know when you get a few changes done and I'l try to take another look.

Take care.

MadisonGuy 09-03-2008 01:46 AM

I would also suggest removing any empty links, such as "Links", until you have content in them. Then once you have content, you can put them back upand flag them with a "new" banner. New content helps draw users to your website.
-MG