HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   quick question???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/219628-quick-question.html)

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 11-26-2007 04:21 PM

quick question????

hey I got a 5x5 in Idaho and i'm going to have it mounted and I want to see some of your shoulder mounts but I don't have alot of time so please hurry thanks!!!!!

lonewolf1330 11-26-2007 05:13 PM

RE: quick question????

heres one of mine i got in 05

wingchaser_labs 11-26-2007 06:00 PM

Nice buck, congrats.IMO a semi-sneak right or left turn with ears backare some of the best looking mounts. Here is a couple semi-sneak left turns with ears back. The first one is a mount I am just finishing, first one I've done. My uncle who is a taxi has been coaching me. I got 4 more to do yet.The secondis my buddys buck from last year my uncle did for him. WCL

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 11-26-2007 11:27 PM

hey those are pretty cool but I was looking more for a right turn style instead because most people get a left and I want this to be a little diffrent but those look cool to. it's a hard choise when you dont have to long to decide whitch mount your are going to get hey thanks for the pics I'll show ya when I get it

TimberlandTaxidermy 11-26-2007 11:44 PM

You have plenty of time to decide. When a deer comes into my shop I cape it and freeze it until I'm ready to mount it months later. I don't need to know what pose until then.

Semi sneak offset head up:

Semi sneak right turn:

Semi sneak offset left turn

Semi sneak offset head up left turn

Not a whitetail, but upright wall pedestal right turn

wingchaser_labs 11-27-2007 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

hey those are pretty cool but I was looking more for a right turn style instead because most people get a left and I want this to be a little diffrent but those look cool to. it's a hard choise when you dont have to long to decide whitch mount your are going to get hey thanks for the pics I'll show ya when I get it
Yeah if you go with the semi-sneek right turn it will look exactly the same only the other way. That one timberline put up is the semi sneek right turn. I like the new full sneek head up forms mackenzie came out with too, kinda similar to the semi-sneek head up timberline posted but the head is a little lower and I like em with ears back instead of forward.....

I don't think the left turn is more favored overa leftbut I guess it could be..... You should also consider where you might be putting your mount. Most people pick which way they want their head to go based on either its best looking side being on the outside or where on the wall in their house they may be putting it based on wall space. Sounds like you have your turn picked out already but just remember where you are going to put it. You dont want it in the corner of a room looking at the other wall. WCL

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 11-27-2007 05:17 PM

those are cool I might go with the full sneak right turn what do ya think of that style of a mount????

TimberlandTaxidermy 11-27-2007 10:09 PM

Here is the full sneak, head up your talking about.

Duramax05 11-28-2007 11:19 AM

I have a semi sneek with the head up and the ears back that looks awesome. It was done on the McKenzie forms that wingchaser labs was talking about. The deer looks as is he is scent checking a doe, kinda streched out and testing the wind. I'll try to get a pic up tonight.