Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 post your full body mounts here >

post your full body mounts here

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

post your full body mounts here

Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: post your full body mounts here

Small mammal pedestal mounts such as thiscoyote run $325.00, and that includes a driftwood or rock habitaton a solid oak or walnut base similar to the one shown.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: TimberlandTaxidermy

Thanks, lifesize cats run $495.00, plus base. I think bobcats are my favorite thing to do.
How much does a head mount cost?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: TimberlandTaxidermy

Thanks, lifesize cats run $495.00, plus base. I think bobcats are my favorite thing to do.
How much does a head mount cost?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a pic of the coyote I promised.

http://www.timberlandtaxidermy.net/coyote_mousing2.jpg" />
Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

1 more

Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats cool
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Timberland,
IMO predators are the most difficult animals to truly bring out that "lifelike" look to them, they are just so expressive and every animal has it's own little nuances. I've seen some really funky ones and many times you can't quite put your finger on what looks wrong.
Those examples you have posted are OUTSTANDING! It's really hard to make those animals look "alive" and the eyes say so much more than something like a deer. VERY nice work. [:-]That stretching cat and bottom coyote especially really do look alive.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Spike

Timberland Taxidermy,

The first cat is hard to see the face detail. The second is spot on!Their are only a few taxidermists that have the talent to make the cat's facelook lifelike. The second picture with the stretched out cat is way underpriced for the quality of that work. I have personally visited Jan Van Hoesens studio in Northern Michigan and played with her pet lynx, bobcats and coyote.The bobcats that I had mounted in her studio, I had no problempaying $800 for a completed mount after seeing the quality of work. She has some of her pieces displayed in the Smithsonian museum and is revered as one of the best small mammal taxidermists in the world. She definately sets the bar high and I'm glad she has her own form making company to share her artisticly sculpted forms with everyone. Nice work, DREW
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 PM

Good looking work Cole!...I have to agree with you on Cats. They're my favorite too. This is the one I took to Reno this year.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Timberland,
IMO predators are the most difficult animals to truly bring out that "lifelike" look to them, they are just so expressive and every animal has it's own little nuances. I've seen some really funky ones and many times you can't quite put your finger on what looks wrong.
Those examples you have posted are OUTSTANDING! It's really hard to make those animals look "alive" and the eyes say so much more than something like a deer. VERY nice work. [:-]That stretching cat and bottom coyote especially really do look alive.
Matt, thank you for the kind words. Predators are fun to work with because you are almost limitless in what can be done with them. Sometimes a whole story can be told in just a facial expression. The 2 mounts you mentioned were favorites of mine as well, and sometimes it sucks to see them go out the door. (The wife doesn't mind though, have to pay the light bill somehow) The pedestal coyote was my first attempt at small mammal taxidermy about 7 or 8 years ago. I've learned a lot since then, and look forward to continuing to get better in the years to come.

Quick Reply: post your full body mounts here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.