HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   NEED A TAXIDERMIST?? CHECK THIS OUT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/187774-need-taxidermist-check-out.html)

Shootem Up Taxidermy 04-10-2007 08:28 AM

NEED A TAXIDERMIST?? CHECK THIS OUT

Hello,My name is Joey Ingram I am a Taxidermist in N.C. I do a lot of online accounts for my custermers.and would like to do some buisness in your area.
My deer heads start at $285.00 turn around on them are 6 mounts or its free
My buisness name is Shootem' Up Taxidermy please give us a look if you like what you see contact me for more info.Allyou have to do is send the deer cape and horns packed in dry ice to me and ill mount it and ship the finished product back toyou with in 6 mounths or its free.Thanks 12 yearsexp.
http://home.earthlink.net/~josephi20/
and yes we have extra capes.Thanks
[email protected]

ipscshooter 04-10-2007 09:32 AM

RE: NEED A TAXIDERMIST?? CHECK THIS OUT

Sounds like a nice price. Do you tan the capes? What are the shipping charges, or isthat included in the $285?

Just fyi (not trying to be the spelling police here, just trying to be helpful, as I think presentation is important, especiallywhen you're introducing your business to a new market), you've got a few typos on your web page. Obviously you mean "6 months or they're free", not "6 mounts or there free", right?

Shootem Up Taxidermy 04-10-2007 01:01 PM

285.00 includes the matireals and labor
shipping is extra.I just shipped one to MD from NC for 24.00
the hides are done with dry per.If you would like it tanned there will be no 6 month free promotion and cost you 75.00 more.Ill fix that spelling on the web page thanks my spelling is not so good lol.Tanks

trophy time 04-10-2007 02:56 PM

Why is it $75.00 more for tannedcape, a tannery will tan a salted cape for $28-$35? You would be better off to learn how to tan the capes yourself. You would already have to thin the hide as much as if it would be tanned anyway if you are going to use DP.
If you tanned yourself you would still have control over your completion times. And you will end up with a far superior product. You will have a piece of leather instead of a dried up piece of skin. Your skin is going to stay where you put it instead of pulling and moving as it dries hard.
Just my thoughts. If i was going to spend my money on something i would hope that it will look as good years down the road as the day i picked it up.

Shootem Up Taxidermy 04-10-2007 05:14 PM

Your right it takes me about 40.00 to tan a hide but i dont live close to a tannery so i have to ship it,and then i have to pay for shiping back too me.and some where in there theres a thing called taxes i have to pay for.so there for it comes between 70.00 and 75.00.and I have dp mounts that are 30 years old and look as good now as they did when i got them.The mount I have posted in the pic is 10 years old and thats dp.nothing wrong with dp if you know how to do it right.

nctaxi 04-11-2007 05:05 PM

SO are you a member of NCTA? Where you located? Ever competed?

Shootem Up Taxidermy 04-12-2007 05:39 AM

hi nctaxi no im not a member of the NCTA,and no ive never competed,though of taking some work to the dixie deer classic but never have the time.Im about 30 miles north of wilmington NC. Where are you located??

nctaxi 04-12-2007 09:51 AM

South of Winston-Salem. Any reason you aren't a member? You really ought to be, there are laws being written and changed everyday that effect us and we need to stay together to help change those. If I told you about the current CWD laws that they passed vs. what they wanted to pass but couldn't because of the NCTA, you would be amazed. You really ought to think about joining and competing, you would be amazed at what you might learn and the friends you could meet.

Shootem Up Taxidermy 04-19-2007 09:31 AM

hey nctaxi I put in my request and there sending me an app in the mail
mybe i will compete next year