Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 what is the right size to mount a deer >

what is the right size to mount a deer

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

what is the right size to mount a deer

Old 11-18-2017, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

It's your money, mount what ever you want.

For me, it's got to be bigger than anything I have on the wall right now, but I've got smaller ones mounted before. Convinced the wife we need more "decorations" when we moved in to a log cabin. LOL.

I'll tell ya what though, I'm really liking these European skull mounts lately and WAY cheaper even if you have a pro do it.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Spike

Default Mounts of all sizes!

I have a business in buying and selling mounts of all kinds and whitetails are the most abundant mount. There is a wide range of sizes for these trophies. Some are of a more diminutive nature while others are world class and worthy of exhibition at any level. The thing that makes a "trophy" is the memory of the hunt. The planning, target practice, anticipation and finally the actual hunt itself. Some will mount animals that aren't maybe the largest racks they've ever got but because of the hunt itself. (A last hunt with a grandpa, a first hunt, an out-of-state adventure, etc) The decision is up to the one who has the good fortune to harvest their big game animal. Preserving a good memory of a successful hunt is never a bad thing!