Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Who, what where why and how! >

Who, what where why and how!

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Who, what where why and how!

Old 04-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Who, what where why and how!

Ok, heres a question for you guys in here. A couple questions, actually. Who are you all? Where are you from, what do you do, what are your occupations, and what do you like besides taxidermy. If you do taxidermy, what do you like, do you specialize, how did you get started, and what do you aspire to do in the field? Think of this a a friendly way to be nosey and to get to know one another. Feel free to use first and last names instead of just screen names, if youre comfortable. Age, family details, anything else you wanna add is certainly welcome. Lets try to account for as many of us as possible.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Default RE: Who, what where why and how!

Alex Peres Ben Hezronage 57

Greek/Hebrew
Speak Hebrew , greek Spanish, English, French and Farsi
Some Italian.
belief Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah.

Lived 6 months out the year in Israel.

Own A taxidermy shop in Miami Fla.
Being doing taxidermy since age 12.

Veteran of the 6th day war in 1967 in Israel

Vietnam for the uS in 1971.
Study Medicine 5 years in Spain/ University of Miami.

degree in chemistry.
Degree in Theology.

Pastor 2 Churches, One gentile and one Jewish Christian.

Hunted Africa, Argentina, Most of The US, Russia, Canada BC.

Hobbies Painting Oils, Bow Making, Fishing and enjoying grandkids.

What About You , Next !
Old 04-13-2006, 03:33 AM

Adam Ross. Age 23. Started taxidermy at age twelve. My shop is located in west central Alabama. I currently take in 100-150 shoulder mounts, as well as 50-100 ducks, and numerous small game mounts each year. I enjoy working on any animal, but am especially partial to whitetails and predators.I would like to start competing in taxidermy competitions, soon. I hunt anything and everything that moves. Last year, I hunted Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Illinois, Idaho, and Alabama, of course. I definitely hunt more than I should considering the business that I'm in. I am an avid supporter of the QDMA and love managing, and working with whitetails. I mainly bowhunt, but also enjoy shooting long range rifles. I have harvested several deer at over 400 yds and took one last year at 537 yds. I've been filming hunts religiously for 7 years, and recently signed as video pro staff for Xtreme Outdoors. I'm very excited about the possibilites this could open up. I'm currently single and plan to stay that way. As far as my aspirations in the taxidermy industry, I want to be the best. I wantto be the next Bill Yox.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Hi let me introduce my self, my name is RICHARD G. SANTOMAURO 60 years young and I have been in the taxidermy business for over 35 years. I own a full service taxidermy studio located in Wall, New Jersey. I started doing taxidermy on a part time basis, but that only lasted one year, from that day till now I have been improving my skills with competition, seminars, and classes at Piedmont collage. I also try to keep up on the newest products and services offered.
At the present time I post on four sites on the Internet with questions and answers and photos to help customers become aware of what things should look like. Some of my high-end customers have been Ralph Lauren stores in Manhattan New York and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills California, Saks Fifth Ave in Manhattan and Paramount Pictures studio working out of Manhattan New York. I also work for thousands of regular guys and gals doing their trophies that they take all over the world. In my shop I try to have as fast a turnaround time as possibly to keep my customers happy. I am a member of the National Taxidermy Association, Garden State Taxidermy association, NRA just to name a few. I have also taught classes on taxidermy in the 80's out of my taxidermy shop.
Awards I have won in taxidermy competition:
1987 Mammal 1st place New Jersey taxidermy association – Bobcat with a turkey
1987 Deer 1st place New Jersey taxidermy association – Shoulder mount whitetail deer
1987 Duck 1st place Middletown wildfowl competition – Canvasback drake
1988 Game bird 1st place New Jersey taxidermy association – Pair of gamble quail
1988 Deer 2nd place New Jersey taxidermy association - Shoulder mount whitetail deer
1988 Game bird 2nd place New Jersey taxidermy association – Ring neck pheasant
1988 Small mammal 3rd place New Jersey taxidermy association – Sleeping red fox
I love my job and I believe the taxidermy work that I do should show that. My specialties are Waterfowl and Bird Taxidermy, Deer Taxidermy, Life-size Mammals and African Taxidermy but I do the full line of work necessary to keep the customer happy and coming back with friends.
Stop in or call and I will be happy to spend time with you explaining what should be done before the hunt or fishing trip whether local or out side of the USA borders. I am usually working in my shop 5-7 days a week and if I’m not there, call me and leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I return.

Thank you
Rich
Old 04-13-2006, 06:56 AM

Hi Bill
I live in Bergen NY I think I have driven by your place a few times are you on redman rd?
I am a instrument Tech for a local pharmaceutical company.
I am not a taxidermist but I do like having my success stories on my wall.
I love Deer huntingwith abow but do carry a gun to.
I love to fish we live around so much world class fishing Lake erie smallies and walleyes, ontario trout and salmon, 1000 island musky and pike. There are a million places to fish in the NY area.
I am 43 with a great wife and a 5 year old who loves to fish, go turkey hunting with me, helps with food plots and he shoots a bow pretty darn goodto.
In the past mountin man in kendall has done some pretty darn good work for me but I would not mind stopping buy to see your place some time. I know your busy but if there was a good time of the year to drop buy and see your work that would be great. I have heard you are oneof the best it would be fun to see that quality of work. You did a turkey for a friend a long time ago and it still looks very good it is a full mountin a flying wings open position.

Gene
Old 04-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg Waite - Visions of Nature Taxidermy, Lexington, NC. I work full time as a graphic artist for a sign shop,and have been in the sign industry for 14 yrs. I got into taxidermy by accident, my stepson caught a 7 lb bass in our pond, well called every taxi in the business and by the time I was done I was so mad I figured I could learn it. Found a community college and a few years later, here we are. I hate fish, can't stand fish, can't stand the smell, can't get the smell off me. Did I mention that I don't like doing fish? I do a few for friends but that's it. I love fur and feathers. According to our state ass pres. I will be on the board come August.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Mike Magis, age 30. Live outside Cambridge, Ohio on the family farm with my fiance and 4 dogs (10 if you include the pups ). Been doing taxidermy for about 6 or 7 years as a hobby. I take in just enough deer from friends and family to keep me busy during the winter. I also work on other mammals whenever time allows. I design thermoformed returnable packaging for a living, which takes up too much time. Ineed to limit how much work I take in, butwould liketo concentrate on only higher end work. My goal would be to get to where I can competein the Worlds on a regular basis. Spring time hobbies are primarily crappie/saugeye fishing. I spend most summer weekends fishing for trophy flatheads. Fall and winter is all bowhunting whitetails. What little time I have after all this is spent working on the farm or house.
While I work on mostly mammals, I'm getting increasingly interested in other areas of taxidermy. I think birds and fish can be some of themost attractivepieces, though I've not yet ventured too far into those. Molding and casting is something that really interests me, as does customizing/creating forms.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:38 PM

Wow, this is sure shaping up to be a fun post! Its very interesting to see what we learn about each other. I feel we are all successful as viewed by our peers. I like Adam's aspirations, lol. Gene, feel free to give me a phone call first, before dropping by, but youre always welcome! Ok, who is next? Lets keep them coming.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm Chuck O'Neal. Age 41, live in SW PA.I work in a factory as a press assistant. I'm not a taxidermist, but I've mounted a few deer, pheasants, squirrels. I have several mounts on the wall, done by several taxidermists. When I was about 15 I mounted a bunch of weird stuff. Mounted a crow, bat, shrews, mice, a cotton tail rabbit head. I wish I would have stayed with it back then.

My hobbies are hunting, bird feeding, feeding deer in the backyard,target shooting, and ATV riding.

I use to be heavy into fishing, trap shooting, indoorsmallbore target shooting, 3-D shootsand archery hunting, but not so much now.

It seems like lately, being on here, on this forum, has been my #1 thing to do.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joe Bonadio, from Lodi, New Jersey 35 years of age. Law Enforcement Officer for almost 10 years, not a taxidermist at all, but like to watch how you guys do your art. Been hunting since I was 10 years of age, and I love it. My taxidermist is George Dante of WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS, located in Totowa, NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.