HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   got deer & fox squirrel back (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/138397-got-deer-fox-squirrel-back.html)

one on one 04-01-2006 06:38 PM

got deer & fox squirrel back

got these back today

Windwalker7 04-01-2006 07:52 PM

RE: got deer & fox squirrel back

Great looking mounts! I like the pose of the buck. Its different.

Your foxsquirrels sure look different than our Pennsylvania foxsquirrels.

one on one 04-01-2006 09:07 PM

thanks windstalker, the deer pose is the browsing pose & our fox squirrels are mainly sliver and black mixed with black heads,see a few black occasionally

REM7MMAG 04-02-2006 01:08 AM

i like the deer mount i dont think ive seen that before

mauser06 04-02-2006 07:56 PM

nice mounts.....around here that would be our GREY squirrel lol......but hey i dont care what you guys call em! our fox squirrels are the color of the red fox..orangish color......and we have red squirrels(pine squirrels...)that are small and red....and we have black squirrels...they are a color variation of a grey...just jet black....i got one at the taxidermist the same mount...but mine should have his nut in his mouth......

RustyOlRanger4x4 04-02-2006 09:42 PM

can ya'll shoot fox squirrel up there? We cant shoot them here anymore, not to sure why. Nice looking mounts I like that deer its unique.

Alex The Hawk 04-03-2006 10:42 AM

Be Glad you got that deer on a plaque, that particular mannikin is hard to balance on the wall without a shoulder panel, i mounted one on that same manikkin and it almost killed me, I got my forehead split in two with the antlers, it is very unbalanced without the panel..
To be truthful I don't like the squirrel, I think the taxidermist could have done a betetr Job on that tail.
The Deer looks Good.

one on one 04-03-2006 02:27 PM

yea i wasn't 100 0/0 happy with the squirrel, but it was for my oldest son and he really likes it.so i can live with it, heres one i done to see how tuff it would be. thanks for the info, about the panel, i always get that same type panel.

ORIGINAL: Alex The Hawk

Be Glad you got that deer on a plaque, that particular mannikin is hard to balance on the wall without a shoulder panel, i mounted one on that same manikkin and it almost killed me, I got my forehead split in two with the antlers, it is very unbalanced without the panel..
To be truthful I don't like the squirrel, I think the taxidermist could have done a betetr Job on that tail.
The Deer looks Good.

one on one 04-03-2006 02:30 PM

yea our grey squirrel is the common brown grey squirrel, have never seen the red or solid black fox squirrel around here, seen some in florida, but their i think are on the protected list.

ORIGINAL: mauser06

nice mounts.....around here that would be our GREY squirrel lol......but hey i dont care what you guys call em! our fox squirrels are the color of the red fox..orangish color......and we have red squirrels(pine squirrels...)that are small and red....and we have black squirrels...they are a color variation of a grey...just jet black....i got one at the taxidermist the same mount...but mine should have his nut in his mouth......