HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Taxidermy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy-50/)
-   -   Question for the taxidermists here (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/taxidermy/130957-question-taxidermists-here.html)

longrifle1000 01-29-2006 08:10 PM

Question for the taxidermists here

I am wanting to know how large of a raccoon form can be had. I had a run in with a monster tonight. This boar stood approx. 2' high from the ground to the top of his back, and that is not exagerating. I am guessing probably in the 50-60 pound range. I have taken several coon that run 35#, and this one waswaaay bigger. I would like to get this mounted, but can it be done?

M.Magis 01-29-2006 08:47 PM

RE: Question for the taxidermists here

Yes, a good taxidermist can do it.

Tree climber 01-29-2006 08:55 PM

sure it can. just get it first and then measure.

longrifle1000 01-29-2006 09:20 PM

thanks for the info. Hopefully I get him this week. I'll post some pics if I do.

DoctorDeath 01-30-2006 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

thanks for the info. Hopefully I get him this week. I'll post some pics if I do.
WOW Jess THAT coon is as big as some of the bucks I shoot LOL

dd

longrifle1000 01-30-2006 06:45 PM

LOL

It is THE biggest one I have ever seen. It has taken up residence in an old chicken coupe. My wifes uncle has had a problem with a possum. He opened the door and said their he is, He ran behind that lawnchair. So I hit the chair with my maglite expecting this possum to come moseing out. Instead I get charged by this beheamouth.LOL My wife asked me why i didn't shoot it. I told her, I was too busy running backwards to shoot.LOL I'll get him eventually though.

nctaxi 01-30-2006 06:56 PM

Just a little advise, try to do as little damage as possible. And after that get it into a freezer as soon as possible. Don't gut it, don't cut it. Use rubber gloves to handle it, but try to clean any blood off with a dry towel or rag. It is very important that it cools quickly, the bacteria around the mouth will cause "slippage" or falling out of hair. Good luck

DoctorDeath 01-30-2006 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

LOL

It is THE biggest one I have ever seen. It has taken up residence in an old chicken coupe. My wifes uncle has had a problem with a possum. He opened the door and said their he is, He ran behind that lawnchair. So I hit the chair with my maglite expecting this possum to come moseing out. Instead I get charged by this beheamouth.LOL My wife asked me why i didn't shoot it. I told her, I was too busy running backwards to shoot.LOL I'll get him eventually though.
LOL Jess your lucky he didnt pull a gun on YOU :D

longrifle1000 01-30-2006 07:22 PM

Just a little advise, try to do as little damage as possible. And after that get it into a freezer as soon as possible. Don't gut it, don't cut it. Use rubber gloves to handle it, but try to clean any blood off with a dry towel or rag. It is very important that it cools quickly, the bacteria around the mouth will cause "slippage" or falling out of hair. Good luck
Thanks for the input. I'll be using a .17 HMR so I will only have an entrance hole, no exit. But I will definitely try and clean up any blood and get it in the freezer ASAP. That actually was going to be my next question. I didn't know what to do with it exactly.

Jess your lucky he didnt pull a gun on YOU
LOL Scott, I was worried he was going to try and take mine. That is the first time ever I have been scared of a coon. I've been startled before, but never scared. This thing looked like he had been drinking at the nuclear cooling pond a bit much.lol And he was AAAALLL attitude!LOL

DoctorDeath 01-31-2006 05:14 AM

Maybe he got into your Miracle Grow LOL

dd