Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Got my European Mount Back...(pics) >

Got my European Mount Back...(pics)

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Got my European Mount Back...(pics)

Old 07-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got my European Mount Back...(pics)

Well I got my mount back from the taxi about a week ago. It looks decent, but I doubt I'll ever send anything back to him again. The reason I won't send stuff back to him is because he was rather rough with the skull...I can see a couple places where the bone is scratched from him prying on it to get the hide off. Also the big reason that he won't be getting anything from me again is because as he was prying, he went and chipped part of the antler base...not a huge chunk mind you, but still the fact that he was rough with it makes me kinda mad. Other than those things I am happy with te mount, especially because it was my first buck and my first deer with the bow.

Ohh one other thought...I was looking at the mount and decided that I needed to include some part of my arrow on it so it would signify that i harvested it with a bow and arrow. That is why I put the broadhead on the plaque. So without me blabbering any longer...here it is...

Field Picture:

Old 07-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my European Mount Back...(pics)

Here is the mount on my wall:

Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the whole scene:

Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

And finally, here is a close up of the broadhead that I used to take the deer:

This is a good pic to see where part of the base on the right antler is chipped off.[:@]
Old 07-08-2005, 09:19 AM

Looks pretty good. Was this your first buck or something? I dont think I would have wasted my money on that if I had shot any before. Regardless congrats, I know it is still a trophy no matter the size.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Seems that phsychowolverine has got something against you, he keeps chasing down your posts and belittles the deer you have shot.

I think it's a great mount and congrats on your first buck and first deer with a bow!! Any deer with a bow is a trophy..........and they don't have to have antlers to be proud of them, good job man!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:05 PM

a deer doesn't have to have score 150 to be a trophy. it depends on the person.any animal with a bow is a trophy in my book. congrats on a fine animal."You Done Did Good"

as for the busted burrs,next time you have something done and see something wrong,talk to him right then. let him know you are not satisfied.thats the way I alway wanted my coustomer to be.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM

308hunter, congrats!!! Looks good.

Looks pretty good. Was this your first buck or something? I dont think I would have wasted my money on that if I had shot any before. Regardless congrats, I know it is still a trophy no matter the size.
Try reading the post first before you run your mouth off.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:02 PM

Iam Not Defending the Taxidermist,but having mounted thousands of animals in the past 40+ years, that is a young buck and he must have being afraid of damaging the tender bone.
The broken antler burrs are easily recreated with sculp all epoxy and stained no one will be able to see any defect.
the only thing that needs to be improved is the yellowing in the skull joints, that needed to be cleaned up as it still has fat in it.

But enjoy your trophy it is all part of learning.

Alex
Advance Taxidermy Services,Inc.
Miami Fla
Old 07-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the advice about the taxidermist, I'll remember that for future reference. It doesn't really bother me that he messed up a little, or what people think of it, because I love it and thats all that really matters to me. Anyways, thanks for the kind words.

Quick Reply: Got my European Mount Back...(pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.