Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
Shipping Compound Bow Internationlly >

Shipping Compound Bow Internationlly

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Shipping Compound Bow Internationlly

Old 03-09-2020, 07:27 PM
Spike

Default Shipping Compound Bow Internationlly

Hi,

My wife and I lived in China for 9 years. Started shooting archery at a local range in China 3 years ago. My company contacted me while on holiday in Cambodia toin early Feb. and told us not return to China due to the corona virus, so we are back in Houston. Our friends were able to get our archery gear boxed up and shipped from Hong Kong via FedEx. My wife's recurve bow and arrows arrived today, but the box with my compound bow was returned to Hong Kong as the US CBP decided it was a "dangerous weapon". How is it possible I can travel to competitions all over SE Asia with my compound bow in checked luggage bit I can't ship it to the US? Any one ship bows from international locations have a suggestion?
Old 04-08-2020, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are still seeking help on this message me. My brother works with the US Archery Para Olympic team. He will have an answer.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:47 PM
Spike

Default Australia to New Zealand

Originally Posted by colsanders1
Hi,

My wife and I lived in China for 9 years. Started shooting archery at a local range in China 3 years ago. My company contacted me while on holiday in Cambodia toin early Feb. and told us not return to China due to the corona virus, so we are back in Houston. Our friends were able to get our archery gear boxed up and shipped from Hong Kong via FedEx. My wife's recurve bow and arrows arrived today, but the box with my compound bow was returned to Hong Kong as the US CBP decided it was a "dangerous weapon". How is it possible I can travel to competitions all over SE Asia with my compound bow in checked luggage bit I can't ship it to the US? Any one ship bows from international locations have a suggestion?
Hey there to get weapons/ammo out of Australia, i had to see Australia Customs itemize my guns and ammo, I then received Australia Custom papers to verify these items to show NZ police first then move through NZ Customs. Fail to do that Customs will freeze your weapons and ammo until further investigation of items. You would be better off walking items through rather than shipping, western countries are more flexible, but papers is needed for these. Guns/ammo were for Hunting purposes and they passed Customs/police easily.

Last edited by Manu; 03-29-2021 at 04:18 PM.