Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
Archery with both eyes open >

Archery with both eyes open

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Archery with both eyes open

Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Spike

Default Archery with both eyes open

I'm new to archery. I've been shooting alot lately. I started shooting with only one eye open but I recently tried keeping both eyes open. I find it more comfortable and seem to be more accurate. Anyone else shoot with both eyes open?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Cool

Tim
This is the way you should have been taught, both eyes open enables you to see a wider field of view,in turn also enables you to see maybe a better buck close to the one your aiming at. It takes a bit getting used too at 1st ,but will pay off in the long run,it also takes the stress of off the one eye when zeroing in on a target.
Good luck and shoot straight.
rocky
Old 10-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Spike

Thanks for the reply Rocky. When I picked up the bow, I had no real teacher. My form is probably all jacked up but it seems to work for me.

I automatically aimed with just the strong eye (same as a firearm) but I guess I'm not the only one who prefers both eyes open!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I always shoot with both eyes open when I shoot my bow and even a scoped gun, I'm much better that way. I was taught to shoot with one eye closed but dropped that habit a while ago. On a weird side note, I shoot a shotgun and open sights with one eye closed...can't explain that one
Old 11-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Life is never perfect

I'm a one eye jack, and have been for twenty years, since re-entering archery. If you use your dominant eye to aim, two eyes are perfect. But nothing is perfect. Some of use don't use our dominant eye, and could miss the broad side of a barn, if we used two eyes open.

More important to know what your dominant eye is, and practice accordingly.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Spike

I shoot with both eyes open. I feel more relaxed that way. My problem is I have double vision. My glasses correct that regulary, but when one eye is concentration through the peep, the other one is off. I really have to pay attention when getting my sight picture.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Spike

I shoot with both eyes also. It keeps me from pulling. I shoot guns with both eyes open aswel.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Spike

Shooting with both eyes open helps with your depth perception also. I started with one closed and years a go switched and what a difference.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

my problem is that i was trained to shoot a bow right handed because that is all I had access to but I am left eye dominant. Earlier iin my shooting, with the recurve it was no problem. But when I started using a compound and sights, I found that it was easier for me to draw and set then close my left eye so i could 'bear down' on the target.
This way i did not have to worry about my left eye taking over. And as for trying to shoot left handed, its really tough when your muscles have been trained all you life to shoot a bow right handed. Sort of like trying to wipe your butt with your left hand. Damn near impossible....
Old 03-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Spike

Hi,
I am newbie here. Want to different techniques about archery.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.