Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Target Practice

Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

I like to shoot w/ my son this yr between us we have 4 most likely not cause we are primo archers but sure numbers of arrows in one target sooner or later it will happen if you shoot enough. I display them on the garage wall count is up to 9 over the past 3 yrs. We shoot probably 100 arrows a day so like I said not usually skill but dumb (expensive) luck
Old 08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

if you fling enough arrows its going to happen,,like one guy said dont shoot at the same place twice or youll but alot of arrows,,i have done it and dont like doing it ,it costs too much...i did used to shoot at my brothers nocks untill he figured it out,,,,lol
Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Spike

Default Robin Hood

I have "robin hooded" twice in my life. Funny thing is, both times was at the indoor range at the bow shop when I was buying the only two bows I've ever purchased. I was shooting, getting the bows set up.
First one was 10 years ago with aluminum arrows. Second one was last summer with carbon. Same shop, same guy (owner)....
There was another guy there talking to us when the owner commented that the last time I bought a bow from him, I had robin hooded while they were setting me up, and that was the first time that had ever happened in the shop before.
3 shots later ........TWACK!!!!
He just looked at me and we both hit the floor laughing!!!!
The other guy's jaw hit the floor and said, "I'll be back Friday when I get paid. I'm buying from YOU!!!"
Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some learn early

Shooting small groups is ok with bullets; in archery they call small groups robin hoods, that cost some real money.

I never shot more than one arrow at a two inch target

I shoot accurately at a 2' x 2' target, where I can have four target dots.

I always shot less than five arrows at a target. I also did that for the combination shooting practice and exercise. The exercise, back and forth from the target, always helped not becoming a fatso. And that paid money dividends in another way. It also helped having a private range for a lone archer.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck72501
those were brand new arrows, only the second time i had ever shot them. has anyone else ever done that?
ive done it three times, im 14 years old
Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

The ol Robin Hood Shot. I have done it once before. It's really pretty cool when you do it but it also sucks because the arrow is now garbage.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

My dad and I went to shooting only 2 arrows each out to 30 yards, then from 40+ we shoot 4, save a lot of money on fletchings.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Spike

If you shoot alot you will do it again, especially packing them in one dot, first one is pretty nifty, after that as someone else said is expensive, great shooting anyways
Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I just managed to robin hood an arrow yesterday, so much for the nock collars on carbon expresses preventing that haha. When I managed to do it, was just 2 shots... I called it quits for the day after that haha
Attached Thumbnails Target Practice-photo0400a.jpg   Target Practice-photo0401a.jpg