Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Florida ASA...Pics

Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Florida ASA...Pics

Well guys, I'm reporting from the Cabot Lodge in Gainesville. We left Bristol this morning at around 430 and we pulled into the shoot site around 230. We just shot some practice targets, and looked at the ranges to get a feel for it. Can you say THICK and TUNNELS? I'm going to have my work cut out for me. No doubt. Open A will be tough.

I'll keep you guys updated with pictures and scores.

Here's what I've got so far.

Me

My buddy Trevor

Old 01-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Florida ASA...Pics

Matt. your name came up in a phone conversationI had about an hour ago. I was checking on TFOX, who has been without power from the massive ice storm they got in KY, and he said that you sent him a pic of you under palm trees and sunshine He said dam you we decided a wedgie is what you need Hey cool pics, be careful in that water,I here there is gators down south. And most of all be careful and good luck
Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks awesome, Good Luck Bud
Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Day one, is complete.

I'm a little frustrated but overall, I'm fairly pleased. I cleaned my first half of targets (no 8's), and shot 6 up. Then I shot two consecutive 8's and ended up even for the day. I'm a little frustrated with the fact I back peddled like that. I shot four 8's. Two because of yardage and two because of shots. The two I missed because of yardage were 45yds and 46yds. I shot them both for 44 and feel out of the twelve.

I have no clue where it puts me in relation to the field. I felt it was a fairly tough course. 10 or 12 up would be strong.

Overall though, its a win for me. After skipping Open B and going straight to A, I wasn't sure if I belonged. The guys in my group thought I should be shooting higher than what I am. I don't know about all that. My head gets in the way

I'll let you guys know tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Update:

I'm sitting 13. THe leader is 10pts ahead of me. There are 4pts seperating me and fourth. If I could have just closed up the 6up I had through 10 targets, I'd be third.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good shooting matt.

The Florida pro am is defiantley about tunnels and yardage.There is also missing yardage from the gentle drops in the terrain(old road beds and such) but one thing I learned when shooting down there was the trees are planted in specific rows.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:25 PM

I dropped by out there today to see what target archery was all about. It's got me thinking about getting into it. Matt, after seeing your pictures on here I realized that I talked to you this afternoon and didn't even know it.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

I dropped by out there today to see what target archery was all about. It's got me thinking about getting into it. Matt, after seeing your pictures on here I realized that I talked to you this afternoon and didn't even know it.
Really? Where at? What about? lol

I shot one up today. The course was set relatively short compared to yesterday. Just didn't see the yardage. Was shooting over everything. Cut yardage today on one after shooting 2yds hot on 4 consecutive and shot a 5 out the bottom. [:@]

Shot an 8 on the last target that ended up costing me 6 spots and about $100 [:@]

Ended up 18th. First shoot in Open A. Ill take it. 1 up for the weekend. Winner shot 14. I'll be going to Mississippi
Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM

Really? Where at? What about? lol

I'm pretty sure it was sunday at womens pro shoot out. I made a comment when they set a video camera up behind one of the targets, about how it would be an expensive miss.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah. I remember that.

Quick Reply: Florida ASA...Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.