HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Target Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/target-archery-95/)
-   -   3D season, where is everyone sitting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/target-archery/283131-3d-season-where-everyone-sitting.html)

Matt/TN 01-17-2009 06:37 PM

3D season, where is everyone sitting?

Are you guys ready? [8D]

As far as I go, I'm holding and making better shots than I ever have in my life. Which is good for me. I'm shooting the best scores I've ever shot, as far as indoor 3d goes. I've only shot one outdoor 3d tournament this year, last week, and shot "up" on a very difficult course. 50yd open class. I'll be heading to Gainesville in two weeks for the first ASA of the year. I'll be shooting Open A. I'm excited to say the least. ;)

As far as bows go, I'm going to end up shooting the same bow I have been since last March. I just can't put it down. She honestly drives tacks.

How about you guys?

TFOX 01-17-2009 08:57 PM

RE: 3D season, where is everyone sitting?

Good luck Matt,I am just going to try to shoot some local stuff with my hunting rig.

Rick James 01-17-2009 10:55 PM

I'm not even thinking about outdoors yet to be honest. Between the wedding and my annual hunting trip, in 09 I won't have any more time off work for national events. I do plan to shoot all the local events and the regional events too. I'd like to get to our state IBO champioship as well.

With that said, I'm really focused on indoor season right now and have been shooting the best games I have ever shot, and on a more consistent basis. The last 3 ten yard games I have shot in the basement have all been 450-45x perfect games. 2x out of my last 4 full distance games were clean 300 vegas games, one of which was in front of a full house at league night.

I plan to shoot our state NFAA tournament and one other regional event (Guan Ho Ha), and if the third leg of the NFAA is in Hartford again I may go this year since it's only 1.5 hours from home.

MO_Bowhnter 01-22-2009 03:08 PM

I don't take this stuff as seriously as you guys but I'll be out this weekend for my first 3d of the year.

Looks like a balmy 26 degrees for a high. Should be fun.:D

Tikka 30-06 01-22-2009 03:20 PM

Started shooting in the league down at the shop for the first time. Were shooting 20 targets scored 12-10-8-5, 35 yards unknown distances. I practiced more then ever before and was shooting around 210. Then i ordered a 4X scope and a BT release which I think I am still kinda getting used to. First week I shot 190 and this week I shot a 196. I'm content with this though, league average was around 185 both weeks! All in all, I love it though and can't wait to get better.

Matt/TN 01-22-2009 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

Then i ordered a 4X scope and a BT release which I think I am still kinda getting used to.
If this is your first time shooting a backtension, take your sight off and just "blank bale" meaning just shoot at point blank range. Just concentrate on the shot, nothing else. If you will keep doing this, your scores will pick up. Guarenteed.

Tikka 30-06 01-22-2009 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

Then i ordered a 4X scope and a BT release which I think I am still kinda getting used to.
If this is your first time shooting a backtension, take your sight off and just "blank bale" meaning just shoot at point blank range. Just concentrate on the shot, nothing else. If you will keep doing this, your scores will pick up. Guarenteed.
Yeah it is my first time with one, and I'll have to try this. I can actually group them alright at 20, but I know I'm not totally comfortable with it yet. It just feels like sometimes it is harder to set off then others and this screws me up.

Matt/TN 01-22-2009 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Good luck Matt,I am just going to try to shoot some local stuff with my hunting rig.
You going to try to make it up to Metropolis again this year?

MGH_PA 01-22-2009 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I'm not even thinking about outdoors yet to be honest. Between the wedding and my annual hunting trip, in 09 I won't have any more time off work for national events. I do plan to shoot all the local events and the regional events too. I'd like to get to our state IBO champioship as well.

With that said, I'm really focused on indoor season right now and have been shooting the best games I have ever shot, and on a more consistent basis. The last 3 ten yard games I have shot in the basement have all been 450-45x perfect games. 2x out of my last 4 full distance games were clean 300 vegas games, one of which was in front of a full house at league night.

I plan to shoot our state NFAA tournament and one other regional event (Guan Ho Ha), and if the third leg of the NFAA is in Hartford again I may go this year since it's only 1.5 hours from home.
Shooting some good scores there, Matt. Where are you going for your hunting trip?

As for me, I'm slacking. I haven't shot much since the season ended. I plan to do the Bowhunting.com online vegas league, the Sunday shoots at Catawissa, and possibly some local events this summer. I, too, will be busy with the upcoming wedding and moving into my new house.

TFOX 01-22-2009 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: TFOX

You going to try to make it up to Metropolis again this year?

I'll probably come over for a little while.Just depends on the schedule.