Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 My last 2 tournaments (Thanks Matt / PA) >

My last 2 tournaments (Thanks Matt / PA)

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

My last 2 tournaments (Thanks Matt / PA)

Old 04-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default My last 2 tournaments (Thanks Matt / PA)

Last weekend I finished 1st in the Hunter Unlimited class which is 40 yds max. This weekend was a 2 day shoot in Myrtle Beach (NFAA Sectional) that I shot in the money shoot. I ended up winning my class and beat 2 shooters that usually shoot much better then I do. But I ended up shooting 26 up on a 50 target weekend to finish in 1st. Man, I sure hope I can keep this up for the Augusta ASA in 2 weeks. I am feeling pretty good about the way I am shooting right know.

We had a 6 yd shot and man its hard to convince yourself to use your 25 yd pin on something so short. I did 12 it though. Very excited about the last couple of weeks.

Thanks Matt/ PA for the pointers earlier in the year. They have been very helpful and without them I don't think I would be doing as well.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My last 2 tournaments (Thanks Matt / PA)

You are very welcome, glad it sounds like it helped but it sounds like you're doing all the work!

Great shooting and good luck! Remember don't get crazy and shoot at every 12 ring. Pick and choose your battles on well marked targets and shade to the centers, you'll stay safe and some will find there way into the 12 by accident. Take them with a smile and move on.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

What class are you going to shoot in Augusta?

I've gotta get my crap together soon. One week I feel ready and the other, I feel like I need to be on the cub peg. I'm hitting practicing yardage HARD these next two weeks.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

What class are you going to shoot in Augusta?

I've gotta get my crap together soon. One week I feel ready and the other, I feel like I need to be on the cub peg. I'm hitting practicing yardage HARD these next two weeks.
I am shooting Novice. I've only been shooting 10 months now, and just really getting comfortable holding steady and having a good release. If all goes as planned I will win $160 or more and get booted out and move to Hunter for Kentucky and the Classic. So thats my goal. Later on this year I will buy me a movable site and go up to Open C next year.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm shooting Open C, and this too is my first year shooting 3d.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Are you planning on shooting the Team Shoot on Friday? If you can its pretty fun and a little warm up to practice yardage as well as see the range setup.